033 | the dive

Wednesday, 26th March 1986

THEY WERE DRIVING IN NANCYS CAR, Robin and Nancy in the front, Max, Lucas and Dustin in the middle and Bea and Steve in the back which technically weren't seats but they needed something that accommodated the group.

"I can stand to see poor Eddie's soul get crushed again," Robin said, her head in her hands, "What do we say? Hey, we got you junk food and we found Vecna bur he's entirely shut off to us so you're screwed,"

"Maybe we don't put it like that," Lucas suggested, cutting in.

"We're one step closer to finding Vecna," Nancy suggested, "That's what we'll say, that's what's important,"

"See Robin, more positive spin makes all the difference," Steve said as he held out the pringle can to Bea who smiled, grabbing a pringle.

"Yeah, but I can't lie to Eddie, he must be scared, he has to know the truth at some point," Bea stated before eating the pringle.

"Oh shit," Nancy said as they pulled up to Reefer Rick's.

They all saw the police crowding around the area, clearly something had happened last night. There was a crowd building and they all stepped out, hiding behind

"Officer Calahan and myself came ro the scene and we found a victim, Patrick McKinney. His limbs and body was disfigured and our main suspect is Eddie Munson. We encourage anyone with information to come forward," Powell explained.

"Dustin, Bea, Wheeler? Can you hear me?" They heard Eddie's voice over the radio.

Bea grabbed the walkie talkie, "Shit. Eddie, are you okay?" She asked, the group gathering around.

"Nah, no. I'm pretty God damn far from okay. I'm at skull Rock do you know it?" He explained.

"Yeah," Bea and Steve said at the same time, looking at one another.

"Hold tight, we're coming," Dustin said and they all began running through the woods, following Steves lead.

Although the whole way there, Steve and Dustin bickered over the way there. Dustin was sure his compass was leading him the right way and Steve said he knew the path off by heart.

"You do realise Skull rock is a super popular make out spot?" Steve asked.

Dustin scrunched his face up, "I don't want to think about you and my sister making out in the woods Steve," he said.

"It's only popular because I made it popular," Steve explained.

"Stop talking about having sex with other girls but my sister. That grosses me out enough," Dustin said, faking shivers.

Steve high fived Bea when they got the skull rock, his arm wrapped around her waist, "Cant admit that you're wrong Henderson, you butthead,"

"I concur, you Dustin Henderson are a total butthead," Eddie said as he jumped down from a rock behind them.