019 | a graduation

Thursday, May 30th, 1985

SHE LOOKED AT STEVE, HER boyfriend of 6 months, and smiled at him.

Bea kept thinking about all of the crazy things that had happened over the last two years and how they had grown close again and now even closer. She now had her small other family with El, Max and Hopper.

"What you thinking bout' Bear?" Steve asked as he noticed her stares and she snapped out of it, moving back and cuddling into his side.

"Just thinking that this time tomorrow, we are out of school," she said and he sighed, wrapping his arm around her.

"Its been a hell of a few years hasnt it?" Steve said and Bea laughed, that's an understatement.

"Your parents coming tomorrow?" Bea asked and Steve sighed again, but this time in a sad way.

"Yeah, he's pissed I'm not going to college and has already got me a new job at that new mall they just finished building," he explained and she kissed him on the cheek.

"Well Hop and El are coming to support us as well so thats a bonus," Bea said and they both smiled at each other.

Just as they were about to kiss, Dustin walked in and cleared his throat.

The two looked at Dustin who was standing in the door with his arms crossed.

"Nah, ah. You two have graduation tomorrow, no more hanky panky for now," Dustin said and Bea laughed, jumping up and hugging her little brother.

"Come on Dustin, you're going off to summer camp in a week, you can't control us," She joked and he pulled away.

"Ew. Ew. Ew. No," Dustin said, wiping his hands on his clothes like she was infected before turning to Steve. "Keep your hands off my sister," He said and Steve raised his hands in defeat.

"Hey, who said I ever have?" He suggested and Dustin just walked into the kitchen.

Steve looked at the clock before sighing.

"I should go home, dad would be even more pissed if I'm not home early," Steve said and the couple walked outside so they were standing outside the door.

"Can't wait for tomorrow," Steve said and Bea shot a giddy smile at him.

He kissed her and she got onto her tiptoes, wrapping her arms around his neck and his hand was on the base of her back, pressing her closer to him.

Dustin opened the door and the couple pulled away.

"Out Steve!" Dustin said and Steve laughed, kissing Bea quickly one more time before driving off.

"I hate you," Bea said and Dustin laughed as the two walked back inside.

"Yeah, well, I love Steve and all but its weird when his tongue is shoved down your sisters throat," he explained, following Bea into the kitchen.