036 | piggyback

Saturday, 29th March 1986

THEY STOOD IN THE RV AS THEY discussed the plan, "I want to run through it one more time," Nancy said, "Phase one, we meet Erica at the playground,"

Bea nodded, "Phase two, max baits vecna and he'll go after her so we'll put him in his trance," she explained.

"Phase three, me and Eddie draw the bats away," Dustin said and Bea looked over at her brother who was dressed in some stupid looming protective gear.

"Four, we head into Vecnas lair," Robin said as she held the molotov cocktails in her hand.

"Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what," Nancy said and the group went to the gate in eddies trailer, jumping through the gate.

They walked out, everyone looking at one another, "Hey guys listen, if anything here starts to go south you abort okay," Steve said as he looked at Dustin and Eddie, "Don't try to be cute or heroes or something,"

"Don't worry, we're not heroes," Eddie said and Bea pulled him in for a hug.

"Look after him for me," she said, smiling at him before she turned to her brother, pulling him in for a hug.

"Don't worry Bea, it's gonna be okay," Dustin said as he felt her tighten her arms around him.

She pulled away, putting on a fake smile, "I know, it'll be okay," she said, walking over to Steve as the group headed to Vecnas.

The four walked to the Creel house, weapons in hand as they prepared for what was ahead of them.

Bea was terrified, hating that this could be the end of everything. She looked over at Steve, her eyes landing on him and she took a deep breath, knowing that as long as she was with him, it was all going going be okay.

They walked through the woods, Steve and Bea together and Nancy and Robin in front.

"They look close dont they," bea said as she eyed her best friend as she smiled at Nancy.

"Yeag, its nice that they have each other," Steve said, not realising that his girlfriend meant that Nancy and Robin looked like a couple.

"Uh, I don't mean to freak anyone out but I swear we've seen this tree before," Robin said and they all stopped, "It would suck if Vecna destroyed the world because we got lost in the woods,"

"We're not lost robin," Nancy said before seeing Robin head for some vines, the girl grabbing her wrist, "Careful, hive mind,"

"Don't worry about them baby, they're just stressed, scared," Steve said as he reached down for her hand, watching the two ahead of them.

"Yeah, it's just Robin's a bit of a klutz but she's my best friend, I don't want to lose anyone," Bea explained, already feeling calmer as she felt steves hand in hers, "She did take sixth months longer to wal than other babies though so,"