021 | mall rats

Sunday, 30th June, 1985

IN THE BACK OF THE ICE CREAM
parlour Bea and Steve were making out.

She had her legs wrapped around his waist as they kissed, her back pressed up against the cold wall. His hat had been thrown across the room but as Steve littered kisses on her jaw and neck they heard a voice.

The two pulled away from each other and Steve let Bea down gently.

"Dustin," they said at the same time, looking at one another.

"Henderson!" Steve yells as he ran away from Bea rushing to see her brother.

Dustin laughed and Bea walked out slowly, leaning against the counter next to Robin as she saw Steve jumping like a little kid around the place.

"I'm back," Dustin exclaimed and Robin looked to Bea.

"Your brother?" She asked and Bea nodded.

"Yeah, sometimes I worry Steve loves him more than me." She said, watching as the two imitated lightsabers and then Dustin stabbed Steve.

"How many children are you friends with?" Robin asked and Dustin turned to see his sister who he only just realised was there.

She wasn't in her police uniform today as it was Sunday, her day off so instead she wore denim overalls because its her lazy day.

Steve called his break, grabbing an ice cream and dragging Dustin and Bea over to the Booth outside the Ice cream parlour where Dustin discussed his new girlfriend.

"Hotter than Phoebe Cates," Steve asked and Bea looked at Steve with an intimidating glare.

"The only girl that hot is your sister," Steve said nervously and Bea smiled,

"Of course," she said before turning back to her brother as he scoffed down the ice cream.

"Brilliant too. She doesn't even care thay my real pearls are still coming in. Says kissing is better without teeth," Dustin explained and Bea scrunched up her face in disgust.

"No, no, no. Too much information," she said and Dustin looked at her.

"Yeah, well at least I didn't mention that I know you and Steve were making out in the back earlier, I heard it" he said, imitating noises.

Bea looked at him in shock.

"Now you mentioned it," she said and the two started to bicker until Steve cut in, changing the subject back.

"Well I'm proud of you man, it's romantic," Steve said, placing his arm over Bea's shoulders and allowing her to kind of snuggle into his chest.

"So you get to eat all of this that you want?" Dustin asked, taking another spoonful of the one cream.