022 | the case of the missing lifeguard

Sunday, June 30th, 1985

BEA PARKED OUTSIDE OF A FANCY restaurant to see Hopper sitting on the railing outside.

She opened the door before walking over to Hopper

"Hop," she called out and he walked over, placing his hands on her shoulders.

"Henderson," he slurred, tapping her on the head in a drunken state.

"We're getting you home Chief," Bea said and he laughed drunkenly.

"I don't get why you don't drink Bea, it takes your mind of everything" he said, his voice clearly slurring. She ignored his question, dragging him to her car and shoving him in the passenger seat.

She started driving, buckling Hopper into the car beforehand.

Suddenly he started singing Don't mess with Jim and Bea sighed as he belted it out, hanging his head out the window like a dog.

"Drink Hop," she said, shoving a bottle of water into his hands and watching as he reluctantly drank it. "What got you so upset Hop, and why were you there?" Bea asked, wondering what had happened.

"Well," he said, pointing his finger at the road, his voice slurring. "Joyce and I were meant to be on a date but she stood me up like I was in 6th Grade again," he said angrily, taking another angry sip from his water.

Bea watched as he started to sober up and pulled up outside of the cabin.

"Can you get in alright Chief?" She questioned and he nodded, getting out of the car and nearly falling over.

"Have a good night Hop," she called out as he pushed the door open, waving to Bea.

Bea sighed, driving home to see Dustin asleep on the couch, a Russian to English translator book in his arms like a Teddy bear.

☆☆☆

Monday, July 1st, 1985

AFTER A LONG MORNING WORK AT work with Powell and Callahan trying to teach Bea how the new filing and computer system worked she was in the car driving to the mall.

She took a sip from her coffee as she got out of her car, parking up and walking in.

As she looked around she could only see Robin in the ice cream shop. Bea threw away her used coffee cup in the bin before looking around the mall for Steve and maybe Dustin.

She looked around and saw Steve watching her through the binocular and she laughed as he hid behind a plant with Dustin.

She walked over and stood right in front of her boyfriend, tilting her head to the side confused.

"You watching me Captain?" She asked, placing a hand on her hip. Steve laughed and stood up, kissing her lightly on the forehead much to the disgust of Dustin.