032 | the nina project

Tuesday, 25th March 1986

NANCY WALKED UPSTAIRS, PASSING walked upstairs, passing the group. They were all asleep in the basement, Bea and Steve cuddled together as he snored into her hair.

She felt a pang of jealousy as she saw the two together in such harmony, maybe she did miss that feeling with Steve.

Bea lay in between his legs, her back pressed up against his chest and his head resting against her head. Dustin had - like he always does - taken a picture and slipped it into Steves jacket.

A few minutes later, Dustin came running down, shaking the couple awake. They opened their eyes, looking up at him confused for having awoken them from their sleep. 

"Max had this drawing of the Creel house from her nightmares, we're going," Dustin explained.

He looked at the two, Bea still rubbing her eyes, "Can I brush my teeth first?" She asked, tolting her head to the side.

"Yeah, sure, we leave in five minutes," Dustin said before walking back upstairs to the others.

Steve groaned, tightening his grip on her waist, "Why can't we just have a normal life? Why do we have to do all this scooby doo shit constantly?" He asked, pressing a kiss to her neck.

She giggled, "Come on Steve, we defeat Vecna and we go back to being two ordinary adults," she said, managing to get up.

"That's what we said after El disappeared, and then when we defeated the mindflayer, and then when Billy died," he said, flailing his arms around as he stood up.

"Shut up Steve, stop being so overdramatic," Bea said, hiding rhe smile on her face as he walked over, placing his hands on her hips.

"Oh you love it," he said with a smirk before leaning in, passionately kissing her despite the fact they'd just both woken up.

"You two are disgusting, get ready, we leave in 3 minutes," Dustin called from the top of the stairs.

Steve groaned again, watching with a smile as Bea skipped off to the bathroom. God, he was totally in love with her.

Later on, they stepped out of the cramped car, looking out at Creel House. Bea took a deep breath as she looked at the spooky settlement that might have been Vecnas origins.

"What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" Steve asked as he pulled the board off of the door.

"We don't know, we just know that it's important to Vecna," Nancy explained, looking at the door, "It's locked,"

Robin grabbed a brick, "I found a key," she said before throwing it through the window, reaching through to open the door.

They walked in an instant Bea felt unsettled, and nervous about what this house would hold. They hadn't thought about what would happen if they encountered Vecna.