008 | the upside down

Saturday, November 12th, 1983

NANCY PULLED A FIRE EXTINGUISHER out of the trunk before Bea slammed it shut, still feeling bad about abandoning her brother at the school but she knew it was safer for him instead.

They rushed into Jonathans house, getting ready for the Demogorgan. Bea screwed back all the bulbs into the lights before walking out to see Nancy staring at Jonathan as he set up a bear traps.

Bea put the bullets back in the gun, watching as Jonathan hammered the nails into her old baseball bat and Nancys baseball bat. Nancy poured gasoline all over the floor in Joyces House and Bea sighed, second guessing if this was really a good idea.

"Are you sure this is a good plan?" Bea asked and the two turned to look at her, confusion on their faces.

"I mean, you guys didn't see what I saw in there. Its dangerous," Bea stated and they just shook their heads.

"We have to do this," Nancy said and Bea sighed, giving in. Jonathan pulled out the knifes so the three stood in a triangle position.

"Straight into Will's room and-" Nancy said and Bea cut her off.

"Don't step in the trap," she said and Nancy took a second to glare at her before looking back at Jonathan with those gross lovey dovey eyes.

"Wait for the yo-yo to move, then," Jonathan said before flicking his lighter and handing the two girls knifes each.

"I feel like I'm joining a cult," Bea said sarcastically but the other two just ignored her as they placed the knifes to their hands.

"On three," Jonathan said. "One" his breath was shaking and Bea felt like her heart was pounding out of her chest. "Two" the regular kitchen knife was getting dangerously close to the palm of her hand. "Three," and they dragged the knifes across their hands.

Bea winced as her palm was cut open, a single drop of blood crashing to the floor.

Nancy was seductively bandaging Jonathans hand whilst Bea sat in the corner, doing it all by herself. In the last few days she lost not only her dignity but her best friend to a prettier girl who liked lower cut shirts. Bea tugged on the bandage with her teeth. She looked over to Nancy and Jonathan and saw them acting like this perfect couple and she took a deep breath, happy for her best friend.

They suddenly heard some kind of engine like noise but Bea ignored it because it had been a weird enough night, she was probably just imagining it.

"Did you hear that?" Nancy asked and everyone turned to the door.

"Its just the wind," Jonathan said but Bea stood up, walking towards the door slightly. She knew the Demogorgan wasn't there because the lights weren't flickering yet.

Someone started banging on the door and Bea let out a scream as her hand rested on the knob of the door.

"Jonathan," Steve yelled out and Bea looked back at the two who were basically having hand sex.