006 | the monster

Friday, November 11th, 1983

BEA WAS TRAPPED. SHE COULDNT hear Jonathan and Nancys screams as she ran through this weird parallel universe.

In a way, it reminded her of the veil of shadows - from d&d. Bea didn't dare look back as she ran, screaming Jonathan's name at the top of her lungs, hoping that in some way he could hear her and get her out of the hell that she was stuck in.

She could hear Jonathan and Nancy calling her name so she stopped in her tracks.

"Jonathan, where are you?" She yelled, scouring the area with her eyes, wondering if he was just hiding from her. Jonathan's voice echoed in her mind and Bea heard Nancy calling her name as well from wherever they were.

Her breathing was heavy as she yelled out the duos names, crossing her fingers that someone would find her.

"I'm right here!" She yelled out as she span around, looking for some kind of exit.

"I'm right here Bea, I'm right here just follow my voice!" He called out, his voice echoing around her head and she started to feel lightheaded from all the screaming and the voices in her head.

"Follow the voice Bea, we are here" Nancy yelled out and Bea ran towards the voices, trying to find a way out. She saw the monster when she turned a corner and involuntarily let out a high pitched gasp when she saw it.

She turned and ran, letting out a scream as she bolted away from it.

Bea hid behind a tree, the weird sap thing covering her back as she leant against it.

Her breathing was heavy as she hid and even though she tried to hide it from the monster, its growls was getting louder. She froze in place, hoping it wouldn't see her, praying that she would make it back home to see Dustin and she even missed her mum which would sound crazy in a few days.

If she even lived for another few days.

"Bea, follow my voice," she heard Jonathan call out from inside a tree and she recognised it as the one that she crawled through to get into this world in the first place.

In hindsight, that was a pretty dumb thing to do but it really put her life in perspective. The monster growled and Bea heard Nancy ask what that was. Bea ran over to the tree, scurrying through as quick as she could before sticking her hand out, not being able to make it though.

She could hear a worried gasp escape the other two and they grabbed her hand, helping to pull her out.

Bea made it out, falling on top of Jonathan and coating him with the gross sticky stuff that had managed to drench her whole body when she crawled out of the whole.

She started sobbing, glad she was out. Jonathan sat up and she leaned into his grasp as he panted.

"I got you," he whispered as he held her tight against him, making sure that she was actually real. He sat up with his arms still wrapped around her.