027 | the battle of starcourt

EL WAILED IN PAIN, SOMETHING moving through her leg

EL WAILED IN PAIN, SOMETHING moving through her leg. Bea sat by her side, Mike on the other side of her.

"There's something in there," Mike said as he saw it start to move around within her leg.

"Stay with me sweetie, remember that song Hop likes, the one by Jim Croce?" Bea said, starting to hum the song. It distracted El from the pain until the thing started moving again, making her scream out in pain

"Keep her talking, keep her awake okay? Bea, lets go" Jonathan said, standing up along with her as they rushed round the corner.

"You remember that medical course we took when you wanted to become a nurse?" He asked as they ran round the court, jumping into the Chinese area.

"Yeah, of course," she said, watching as he dug through a drawer.

"Well, we're going to need it," he explained as he pulled out a wooden spoon and a knife, heating it over the oven.

They ran back, "Okay, all right El, this is gonna hurt like hell" Bea said, the two kneeling in front of her leg.

"But we need you to stay really still,' he said, El letting out a half broken sob in agreement.

"Here, you're gonna bite down on this," Bea said, pulling latex gloves over her hands at the same time as Jonathan.

He looked at her before she nodded her head, holding down El's leg as he reached the knife down, holding it cautiously over El's wound.

"Do it," Mike said as he sat behind El who was biting down on the wooden spoon.

Jonathan took a deep breath before slicing through the leg, Bea holding it down. El screamed, the sound muffled by the wooden spoon.

Jonathan took a deep breath as he reached into her leg, trying to grab the thing inside of her.

"Stop!" El yelled out, spitting the spoon away, "I can do it"

They both say back, watching as El panted, letting out a pained scream as she used her powers to extract the thing from her leg.

They watched it fly out with a scream from El. They all looked up as they heard it get squashed, all of them seeing Hopper, Joyce and some other man standing there.

They explained everything, Bea giving the girl stitches using a needle and thread from another store before she bandaged up the wound.

"The mind flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world," Mike explained.

"And it almost did, that was just one tiny piece of it." Nancy said as she looked over at Bea and Steve, the latter with his arm around Bea.

They were all standing up now, except for El who was sitting down, leaning into Hopper for support.