016 | the lost sister

Sunday, November 4th, 1984

BEA TRIED TO CHANGE THE  conversation, the awkward silence killing her.

"You're not falling for that girl are you?" Bea asked and Dustin laughed nervously.

"No, no," he retorted and Steve sighed.

"Good, she's only gonna break your heart and you're way too young for that shit," Steve said, throwing the meat on the floor and Bea sighed from behind, fiddling with her necklace as she kept thinking about what Dustin said earlier.

Her heart was pounding and unknowingly, so was Steves.

He looked at a sad looking Dustin and smiled to himself.

Steve pointed to his hair.

"It's fabergé organics, use the shampoo and the conditioner when your hair's damp, not wet, damp. Then four puffs of Farah Fawcett spray," Steve explained and the three all stopped as Bea started laughing.

"Either of you tell anyone and your ass is grass, both you Henderson are dead" he said and Dustin nodded his head whilst Bea just cracked up laughing at him.

"Farrah Fawcett spray," she mimicked and Steve dropped his bucket to the ground.

"You're on Bear," he said as he started to run after her.

Bea screamed as he chased after her through the wood. He laughed as he followed her in, not too far so Dustin could still see them.

He managed to catch up with her, wrapping his arms around her waist so she stopped but instead she tripped on a branch and they both fell down laughing and holding onto each other.

When they stopped Dustin was still watching as they didn't fall that far.

She was on top of him, her head pressed against his chest as they both laughed. Once they stopped laughing they looked at each other, giddy smiles on both of their faces.

"This is not the time nor place for your unresolved sexual tension," Dustin yelled out and they both stood up, dusting the grass and leaves off of them.

They stood there again, his eyes flickering down to her lips before he turned away, conflicted and walking towards Dustin.

Bea was quick to follow.

"We should hurry up if we want to make it soon," Dustin said and Bea nodded her head, walking behind the boys as they started talking again. Her mind couldn't get that conversation out of her head. Steve was intoxicating.

The three arrived at the junkyard.

"This will do just fine," Steve said as he dropped more meat on the floor and then they poured the whole bucket in the center.

"I said medium well!" Lucas yelled out and the three turned to see him and Max.

"Who's that?" Steve asked Bea as they watched Max walks over.