002 | the weirdo on maple street

Monday, November 7th, 1983

BEA WAS STILL SITTING IN THE
front room, reading a comic - X-men 134 to be specific- still waiting for Dustin as the rain poured outside. Dustin got home at about 10 o'clock that night and he saw Bea still waiting for him on the sofa.

She instantly rushed up to him, engulfing her little brother in a hug,

"You're not dead," she whispered and he pulled away, noticing how Bea was now wet from the rain.

"Sit, tell me what happened," she said and he sat down on the sofa, watching as Bea collapsed next to him.

"We found a girl in the woods," Dustin said after he thought about whether it was a good idea to tell her or not.

Bea scoffed and stared blankly at her brother.

"We found her where Will went missing, so Mike took her home. She's in his basement and then she tried to get dressed," he rambled on, reenacting the girl trying to take her clothes off.

"Now she's sleeping in Mikes basement," he explained and Bea sighed, wondering what mess the boys had gotten themselves into this time. The siblings talked for a while before Bea promised not to tell anyone and Dustin had explained his entire story to her of what happened the night before.

☆☆☆

Tuesday, November 8th, 1983

AT SCHOOL, JONATHAN WAS PUTTING up flyers for Will on the poster board and Bea walked towards him, passing Nancy and Steve with some other people as they mocked him.

The two stood together and Bea sighed when Nancy walked over. She was just boringly apologising about Will being missing and obviously Jonathan believed her, because she's pretty. Bea scoffed and looked to see Carol and Tommy shooting nasty glares their direction.

"Everyones thinking about you," Nancy said in a sympathetic tone. Bea wasn't having any of it as she leaned against the wall.

"Yeah, but we all know what they are thinking," she said and Nancy looked at her confused.

The school bell went and Nancy walked off, saying she had a chemistry test. Bea watched as they walked away before she turned back to Jonathan, hitting her head against the wall lightly.

"I hope you're OK," Bea said in a mocking tone as she brushed a piece of hair behind her ear like Nancy just did.

"Be careful Jonathan," she said, patting him on the shoulder before rushing off to Chemistry. When Bea got there she took her seat next to Steve reluctantly, focusing on the front of the room.

"Pst, Bear," he said and she turned to look at him, an annoyed look on her face as he called her the nickname she still hated.

"You and Weirdo still besties?" He asked and Bea rolled her eyes as she looked at Steve.