024 | the flayed

Wednesday, 3rd July, 1985

THEY JUST KEPT FALLING. SCREAMS  escaping everyone as they held on for their lives.

Dustin swore to himself as he tried to stop the room but it didn't seem to stop.

"We're going down!" Steve yelled, his grip on Bea's hand so tight that she thought that she'd lose all feeling in it.

"Yeah, no shit Harrington," Robin yelled out, clearly distressed. Steve screamed like a little girl as he huddled in the corner, holding on tightly to Bea like it would be the last time he ever would.

Dustin and Erica screamed at each other as they fought over the buttons, trying desperately to get them to stop falling.

Steve was panicking, he looked close to crying as he squeezed tighter on Bea's hand.

"Stevie, Steve, Babe, I can't feel my hand," she said but he obviously didn't hear her over the screams as he squeezed tighter.

They crashed and everyone grunted as they fell into crates and walls. Bea winced as she fell onto her boyfriend, a box tumbling on top.

"You fell on my groin," he said and Bea chuckled to herself. She stood up on shaky legs, holding a hand out for her boyfriend as he lay on the floor.

"Is everyone OK?" Robin asked and Bea raised her eyebrows at the statement, about to say something when Steve interrupted.

"Yeah, I'm great, now that I know Russians can't design elevators," he yelled out, his voice hoarse from all of the screaming.

Bea helped him up and he smiled at her, apologising quietly about her hand before rapidly trying to press the buttons.

"They're buttons they have to do something," Steve exclaimed, very obviously in a panic.

Bea couldn't remember seeing him like that since the first time he faced the Demogorgan and freaked out in Jonathans house.

"We need a keycard, it's an electronic lock like the locking dock door." Bea explained, placing a hand on Steve's shoulder as he turned around to look at the group, his hair sticking slightly to his forhead.

"We're stuck in here," Dustin said and Bea nodded her head, looking at Steve as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Just so you nerds are aware, I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's. But if I'm not at uncle jacks party then she will hunt you down one by one and slit your throat," Erica said and Bea nodded her head, the girl was really growing on her.

Steve had snapped as he pushed a box over in his anger, "I don't care about Tina or uncle Jacks party. Your mum won't find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator," he said and Bea placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Steve," she said, she understood he was angry.

He turned back to her and he sighed, untensing slightly as he started to breathe again.