001 | the vanishing of will byers

Sunday, November 6th, 1983

JONATHAN BYERS WAS SITTING ON  the couch his best friends house, both of them scoffing on pizza.

"So, you're brother at the Wheelers?" Jonathan asked as he turned up the radio, Islands in The Stream blasting on the radio. Bea nodded her head, taking another bite of the pizza.

"10 hour campaign so far," Bea said as she swallowed the last piece of pizza. She fiddled with the hem of her red shirt as she looked outside.

Jonathan looked down at his watch and swore under his breath.

"I have a quick shift," he said, throwing his stuff in his backpack before running out the door. "See ya later Bea," he said before driving off.

☆☆☆

BEA SAT ALONE IN THE HOUSE WITH  Mews on her lap as she looked at the time. It was 8 o'clock at night and their mum was once again fast asleep. She heard the door slam behind her and Dustin walked into the living room.

"What's got you in a mood?" She asked as Mew jumped off her lap and moved towards Dustin, circling his feet. Dustin sighed, collapsing onto the sofa next to his sister.

"Lost a bet with Will, I have to give him my X-Men 134," he explained and Bea chuckled.

"You can't have my copy though," she said, knowing exactly how his brain worked. Dustin rolled his eyes before they both broke into laughter and looked at one another for a second,

"How was the campaign, sucks you guys didn't invite me," Bea asked and Dustin shrugged his shoulders.

"Well we lost in the end, Will rolled a seven and the Demogorgan probably got us." He explained before smirking at his sister. "Maybe you could have come if you weren't hanging out with your boyfriend Jonathan," he said making kissy noises.

Bea scoffed before pushing Dustin back onto the other side of the couch.

"Gross," she said before picking up her lightsaber from under the couch.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing Master Henderson," Dustin said as he jumped behind the table, grabbing his make shift lightsaber.

"Strike me down Darth Henderson, but I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine," Bea said before they started battling with their lightsabers.

Just as the fun started, their mum walked in with Mews in her hand before she looked at the two.

"Its a school night! You better hurry up and get off to bed before you hurt Mews," she said before trecking back to their bedroom.

The two siblings let out of a sigh of defeat as they walked towards their adjacent rooms.

"This is not the end Darth," Bea said as she walked into her room, placing the lightsaber on the messy desk in the corner of her small room.