025 | e pluribas unam

Wednesday, 3rd July, 1985

THE FIVE RAN OUT OF THE ROOM AND back down the stairs as they saw the portal opening the gate.

"I'm sorry, have you seen this before?" Robin asked as they all scampered down the steps.

"Not exactly," Steve said and Robin scoffed.

"All you need to know is that its bad," Dustin said and Bea nodded her head.

"Really bad," she said as she rushed down the steps with the others.

"Like end of the human race as we know it bad," Steve said and Robin looked at them slightly panicked now.

"And you know about this how," Robin asked, still not believing them 100 percent.

"Um Steve, where is your Russian friend?" Erica asked and they looked around to see that the man Steve had previously beaten up was no longer lying in the middle of the room.

An alarm started blaring and Bea sighed, "Shit," she said as the men ran towards the door, Steve helping everyone out of the room but then they ended up on the edge of the gate next to a giant laser beam.

"Holy shit!" Dustin screamed at the top of his lungs as they stood watching, the Russians running towards them.

"This way," Steve yelled and they all followed him, watching as he pushed multiple guards out of the way to save them.

They all ran into a room, Steve and Bea holding the door closed as they made sure everyone else was in safely.

The door was starting to get pushed through and Bea yelled Robins name out as she came to help keep the door closed.

"Come on, lets go," Erica yelled as she found a way out.

"Go, just get out of here," Steve yelled to Dustin and Erica. Dustin tried to protest but Bea shook her head, struggling to keep the door closed.

"No! Just go get help okay," she yelled out and Dustin ran away after a mini dramatic speech.

"I won't forget you!" Dustin yelled out before he disappeared.

The Russians pushed through the door and the three fell back, multiple guns pointed at their faces.

Bea held her hand up as she looked at Robin and Steve. They could die here in this Russian facility and nobody would know until their bodies were found.

☆☆☆

Thursday, July 4th 1985

ROBIN AND BEA SAT BACK TO BACK IN two chairs. Steve had been taken away about three hours ago and still hadn't come back.

"I'm scared Rob," she said and Robin sighed.

"Me too, especially after you exlplained all that shit about these mindflayers," she said and Bea leaned her head back slightly.