004 | the body

Thursday, 10th November, 1983

THAT MORNING, BEA WALKED INTO  Dustins room ready for school. The blonder highlights in her wavy caramel hair bouncing off the light as she walked into the clean room - or at least as clean as a 12 year old boys room is.

"Hey Dustin, how you doing?" She asked as she saw him sitting on the bed, his signature cap resting in his hands.

He sniffed before looking up at her.

"Mike needs us at his, I'm not going to school today," he explained and Bea smiled at him.

He stood up and she placed a quick kiss on his forhead and for the first time in months he didn't wipe it off.

"You be good for me, and look after your friends, you need one another," she said and Dustin laughed at his sister being so corny.

"Go on, be safe," Bea said as he ran out the door, shouting his goodbyes out and hopping on his bike, making his way over to the Wheeler's house at immense speed.

Bea bikes to school on time and walks along the path alone, Jonathan was shopping for coffins with his mum and even though she wished she could be there for her, she knew that they needed time to grieve together as a family.

But as she walked down the path she saw Nancy storm away from Steve who was left in the alleyway, calling her name out in desperation, as if she knew something that could get him in a lot of trouble.

"What did you do now Harrington?" Bea asked as she leaned against the wall behind him, pressing one foot to the brick wall. Steve turned around and smirked at her, he wouldn't admit it, but he loved the new bob she she gotten at the start of the school year with the highlights.

"Not much, just a party getting out of hand," he said and Bea scoffed.

"Yeah. If out of hand means sleeping with Nancy while her best friend goes missing," she said and he went red.

Steve Harrington was lost for words, something that was a very rare occasion, especially with Bea. Around her he felt so comfortable, like he could say anything - but of course he messed that up years ago.

"Yeah, I noticed. You forget how well I know you," she said, an almost sad tone to her voice as she walked towards him. Steve just chuckled, regaining his composure and his signature smirk returning to his face.

"You forget how sometimes I still know you better than you know yourself Bear," he said before his smirk dropped off his face.

"How you doing?" He asked, obviously referring to Will's death. Bea sighed and looked up from the ground to meet his hazel eyes meeting her dark brown eyes.

Growing up, Steve swore that if anyone looked close enough at her eyes than you could see the red colour to them but it always made Bea laugh.

"I'm fine, or at least I will be," she said before seeing Mr Clarke rushing around. He spotted her and rushed over.