013 | will the wise

Thursday, November 12th, 1984

SHE RAN INTO THE FIELD, SCANNING  the area for Will and when she saw him she ran right up to him, placing her hands on his shoulders as his eyelids fluttered open and then closed again. Mike and Lucas ran over and saw the two.

"Come on Will," she said and she turned to Lucas and Mike.

"One of you get the others, hes having an episode," Bea said and Lucas nodded, running off.

That's when the other three, and Joyce, ran over and Bea moved out of the way as Joyce shook Will, calling his name.

"Sweetie, wake up! Its mum!" She called out as she tried gently shaking him. The boys and Max stood helplessly watching as Joyce shook Will trying to wake him up, Bea standing on the other side of him.

She could hear the panic in Joyce's voice as she tried to wake Will up, tried with everything in her.

Suddenly he gasped, opening his eyes and looking at his mum. Joyce engulfed him in a hug before walking out of school with him, constantly asking if he was ok.

"Thanks Bea, for being there," Joyce said and Bea smiled.

"No problem, hope you're OK Will," she said and he smiled half-heartedly. The three other boys, Max and Bea stood on the steps of the school as Joyce and Will walked down, ignoring everyone else and just heading to their car, probably lost in some conversation.

"Ok that totally freaked me out. Did thay not freak you guys out?" Max asked as she held her skateboard in her arms.

The boys just watched him, ignoring Max's comment.

"Two episode in two days," Lucas said and Mike sighed.

"Its getting worse, you think its true sight?" Mike asked and Max stood confused.

'What is true sight?" She asked and Bea looked at her sympathetically, knowing that it must be hard not to understand anything.

"Nothing," Lucas said and they all watched as Joyce and Will drove off.

Max checked the time on her watch and swore under her breath when she noticed the time.

"I have to skate home, Billy left me," Max said as she got her skateboard out.

"Hey, I'll drive you home," Bea said and Max looked at her, smiling.

"Really?" She asked, as if Bea was joking with her and it was some kind of rude prank.

"I'm not going to kill you," Bea suggested and Max laughed.

"Ok, thanks a lot," she said and Bea turned and winked at Dustin who she knew had a crush on Max.

Max sat in the shotgun of Bea's car as they started to drive,

"So where do you live," Bea asked and Max crossed her arms.