Chapter one | Go Tigers

"Come on Val we're gonna be late!"

The bathroom door flew open and Valerie hopped out trying to put on her shoe and nearly falling.

"I'm coming!" She yelled running into the living run slinging her backpack over her shoulder.

Hope crossed her arms, "Not fast enough!"

Valerie grinned, "are you still upset about last night?"

"You missed game night! I was stuck with them all night!"

"Aww did you miss me? It must have sucked without me!"

Hope rolled her eyes and shoved past Valerie grumbling under her breath. Valerie snickered and skipped up towards her just as the bus pulled up.

"It won't happen again. I promise."

The bus stopped in front of the school and the girls quickly got off. Valerie stopped for a moment and looked around the parking lot.

"Hey, you see Max anywhere?"

Hope shook her head as she looked around, "she probably went inside already. Probably trying to find the best seats for the pep rally," Valerie nodded but the quickly began to panic.

"Oh shit! I got to get to the gym to prepare!" She took off towards the school pushing past people.

Hope chuckled before yelling out to her, "Don't forget I've got Hellfire after school so I won't be at the game!" Valerie sent her a thumbs up and kept on running Hope groaned and shook her head, "she didn't hear a word I just said." She mumbled and walked towards the school.

Valerie ran into the locker rooms and the girls inside all glanced at her glaring. She smiled sheepishly and shrugged her shoulder. "This isn't even the latest I've been."

"No, but this is a big game and we need everyone in their A game," Valerie groaned and turned towards the speaker.

"Sorry Chrissy."

Chrissy smiled and shook her head. "At least you're not so late you had to sneak into the routine mid game,"

"That was one time!" The other girls laughed as they all started walking towards the door Pom-poms in hand.

"One time to many Val."

Valerie glared playfully and followed after them the sound of the band beginning to play. They ran out into the gym cheering and shaking their Pom-poms while smiling wildly. They began their routine as the crowd cheered them on. Valerie smiled when she noticed Max sneak in next to Dustin, Mike, and Hope.

As their cheer finished the music died down they jogged to the stands and their principal announced the players. Valerie cheered loudly when she saw Lucas run out and the two waved to each other.

The teams star-player, Jason, grabbed the mic and turned to the crowd. "Good Morning, Hawkins High!" The crowd roared louder.

"First, I'd like to thank all of you! Cause with you we wouldn't be here! But of course I have to give a shout-out to the prettiest fans, the Tiger Cheer Squad!" He pointed towards them and they all cheered and smiled. "Chrissy, I love you babe," Valerie rolled her eyes as the two smiled at each other. She believed Chrissy could do way better.

Valerie turned her attention back to Jason as he began to talk about the past year for Hawkins. She looked down at her lap as she remembered the night. The memory still fresh in her mind.

When the rally was finally over she was one of the first to leave the gym. She didn't see any of her friends as she got to the school. She figured they all went to close and decided to do the same.

The day felt like it dragged on forever, and she couldn't wait for it to be over and for Spring break to finally start. By the time the day ended she was exhausted and really wanted to take a nap.

"Hey Val!" She turned and saw Lucas running over.

"Yeah nerd?"

"Here," he handed her a game ticket, "you owe me five bucks,"

She snatched it out of his grasp, "fuck off! like hell I do!" She kicked him sharply in his shin.

"Hey that's my jumping foot!" She laughed and the two began to walk through the halls.

"You think she'll go?"

Valerie sighed and looked down at the ticket.

"I'm not sure."

"We'll you're about to find out," she turned to him confused but he pointed in the opposite direction. She looked and saw Max walking out of the councilors office.

"Wish me luck," he nodded and she quickly sprinted over to her.

"Max!" The girl in question stopped and slowly turned to her. Valerie stopped and smiled at her but it wasn't returned. "Hey um...hi"

Max scratched her neck, "hi,"

"Hi...wait I already said that," she groaned, "sorry, anyways this is for you," she handed her the ticket.

Max stared down at it not taking it, "I'm good,"

Valerie sighed and retracted her hand, "are you sure?" Max nodded, "I don't want to pressure you if you don't want to but it's just we hardly see each other anymore," Max looked away, "how can I be the world most awesomest girlfriend if I never see my girlfriend ya know?"

Max didn't look at her, "I'm just not feeling it tonight," Valerie sighed and nodded.

"That's fine," Max took this as her cue to leave and headed towards the bathroom. Valerie watched her walk away sadly. "I love you," she called out and Max turned and gave her a smile and then walked into the bathroom. Valerie closed her eyes and sighed deciding to go and find Lucas.

Later that night as she watched Lucas score the winning shot she smiled and cheered loudly for him. She was one of the first to reach and hug him as the crowd cheered and his teammates and the other cheerleaders swarmed him. They walked out of the gym together everyone shouting to him as they passed.

"I knew you could do it!" She told him shoving him playfully.

"Didn't you say I warmed to bench so much I should marry it?" Valerie laughed and placed a hand to her chest dramatically.

"I would never!" The two laughed even louder but it died down when they saw their friends minus Max and Erica leaving the school all laughing. She looked to Lucas who stared sadly at them.

Valerie didn't have a chance to say anything when his teammates called him over.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he said and walked away. She stared after him for a moment before going over the the other group.

"Hey!" They turned to her and smiled.

"You should have seen it! Erica is a natural!" Hope shouted smiling.

"Best believe I am!" Valerie chuckled at her cousin and the group walked away from the school.

A/N:

DID YA MISS ME

....

Maybe not but I know y'all missed Valerie

BUT NOW SHES BACK BABY!!