Chapter three | Hey skater girl

"There's no way that's Mad Max," Mike said as the five of them watched the redhead ride her skateboard from afar.

"Yeah girls don't play video games," Will said as Valerie scoffed clearly offended by the words that came from His mouth

"Is that so William?" The boys turned to her as Will stuttered out an apology.

"I-I mean you play just not normal girls," she hated to admit it but the words hurt more then she wanted them

"Normal girls?"

"I mean your normal but just different from other girls you're cool,"

"Yeah I know," dropping the conversation the five began staring at the girl once more

"But her name is Max," she heard her cousin tell Mike "So."

"How many Max's do you know?"

"I don't know."

"Zero that's how many," Valerie quickly got annoyed as the boys kept on arguing.

"Why don't you just ask her?" All four boys turned to face giving her the are you out of you mind look. "Fine I'll ask," She quickly walked over ignoring the boys protest.

"Hey skater girl," Valerie called startling the girl causing her to lose her balence and fall, but before she could hit the ground Valerie rushed and wrapped her arms around her waist, steadying her feet on the ground.

Her cheeks quickly became a deep shade of red when she realized the awkward position the two were in.

"S-sorry I didn't mean to startle you," she stuttered out looked to the ground not wanting Max to see how red her cheeks were.

"No it's fine I've fallen off this thing more times then I can count," Max told her picking of the skateboard from the ground.

An awkward silence fell between the two and Valerie began to regret walking over in the first place.

"Those your friends that were spying on me?" The redhead asked after a few seconds

"W-We weren't s-spying,"

"You weren't?" Max replied with a smirk that made the brunette weak at the knees obviously not buying a word the Valerie was saying.

"Ok maybe we were, but we were just curious. We don't get many new kids around here."

"Aren't you new?" Valerie mentally slapped herself

"Yeah but most people know me I used to live here a few years ago but I moved back this summer."

"Why would you move back here this town seems so boring?"

"True but it's a lot safer then Chicago so here I am,"

"Well it's nice to know I'm not the only new kid around."

"Yeah," the two smiled at each other but the redhead glanced up and her smile dropped "hey do you have a marker and paper?"

"Um yeah I do," the girl zipped open her bag and pulled out a sheet of paper and a blue inked marker.

"Do you mind?" Max motioned to the girls back and Valerie nodded turning as the girl quickly wrote a few words on to the paper. "I got to go but just know what I wrote doesn't involve you, even though I know you were watching me to." giving the girl a wink Max walked off throwing the crumbled piece of paper in the trash and walking inside.

Valerie stayed there embarrassed watching the girl walk away throwing the paper into the trash. Once the girl was inside she watched as the boys rushed over to the trash searching for the crumbled up paper.

As Dustin pulled it out she watched as their faces dropped reading what the redhead wrote 'stop spying on me creeps'

"Well shit," Dustin said as Valerie tried and failed to hold in a laugh.

Valerie watched as the principal walked over calling Wills name telling him his mother was there to pick him up.

°°°

Word count: 666

{A/n: short chapter but my babies final met and Valerie doesn't know how to act around her also we need a ship name I as thinking either Malerie or Vax}

Published: 03/31/2020