Chapter twelve | Hospital call

The hospital doors slammed open as a rather ruff looking teenage boy came running in two unconscious girls in his arms and a group of kids running behind them.

"somebody help me!" he screamed as the staff called for someone to get two stretchers. Doctors came running from every direction taking the girls from the boys arm and setting them on stretchers and wheeled them into the back.

They sat there in the waiting room in nervous silence both Lucas and Max pacing back and forth. minutes went by but it felt like hours to them.

"ehm," they turned to see a doctor standing there with a clip board in hand they all jumped to their feet wanting to know if their friend was okay "you're the ones who brought the two young girl's in correct?" they all nodded waiting for what they wanted to here

"well their in stable condition but we're not sure if they'll wake up in any time we've done all we can medical wise so now it's just up to them," they all let out a breath knowing that Valerie was probably one of the strongest people they knew and she would get through this.

"but I do need to fill out her information so I have a few questions," they nodded as he began to ask simple questions "what are their names?"

"well the girl in the denim jacket is Valerie Sinclair um...we don't actually know the other just that they're sisters," the doctor nodded and asked a few more questioned which they gladly answered, After he left Steve handed a quarter to Lucas "call your parents kid."

About month had passed since the incident and neither girl woke up. The Sinclair family had come and gone over time, though Jack Sinclair barley left his daughters side even when he came face to face with the love of his life Mary Jenkins after 14 years or when he found out he had another daughter that he didn't know about who apparently didn't even have a name.

Valerie was never alone in her time at the hospital her friends spent some of their days after school coming to talk to her hoping to gain a response. Max and Lucas came practically everyday hoping they could catch some glimpse of hope that she would soon wake up.

But the same couldn't be said for the girl in the room just next door. She to remained still and emotionless but none came to see her to tell her stories of there day hoping and praying for her to wake up non except for two, her father was shocked to say the least while Valerie looked like her mother this girl looked like him. When he wasn't with Valerie he was with her he wished he had a chance to know the girl or even just her name but alas she remain just as still as her sister. The girls mother was just as shocked as the father, though she had been informed on what really happened and not told the lie they told the girls father. The first time she saw the girl she cried she didn't truly no why she just did. But those were the only two to visit the girl no one else seemed to care.

But today was different Max could feel it, she was the only one in Valerie's room that day seeing as her parents were seeing their other daughter and her friends were out getting ready for the Snowball dance being held tomorrow. Max wanted to go with them but she knew she wouldn't be happy knowing that Valerie was still asleep, so here she was sitting in a chair next to Valerie her head resting on the bed.

"I'm so sorry Bonnie, I should have helped you somehow that day but instead I just sat there doing nothing. I could have helped you and now you might never wake up and I'm so sorry I let Billy hurt you I promise I won't let him hurt you again I won't let anyone hurt you again. Because you make me better. When I first moved here I hated everything and everyone, but you made me realize that the pain does get easier if you just let people in and that's what I did I let you in so please don't leave me,"

She heard a small groan come from the sleeping girl and her head shot up eyes widening as the girls big brown eyes fluttered open. "M-Max," she whispered peering at the girl

"oh my God your okay," Max jumped up and pulled the girl in for a hug.

"I won't ever leave you,"

"what?"

"I um heard what you said and I want you to know I won't ever leave you not as long as I have a say in it,"

"oh you heard that?" Max said rubbing the back of her neck and looking down a blush on her cheeks

"yeah, I thought it was sweet."

"you did?"

"yeah I did, so don't be embarrassed,"

The two girls then feel into a comfortable silence as Max laid next to Valerie on the hospital bed with Valerie's head resting on her shoulder "can you tell me a story?" Valerie asking looking up into her eyes

"what?"

"a story I don't care about what, but its just my dad used to tell me stories when I was sick or sad and well I just miss them so would you?" Nodding Max began to tell the girl the story about a beautiful princess and a tomboyish maid who shared a very close bound that no one could understand.

°°°°

Word count: 1018

{A/n: I feel like this could have been so much better but anyways there's only two more chapter left of act one and I plan to try and get right into act two or I just might do filler chapter during the season 2 and 3 time gap so you guys won't have to wait to long, but be prepared cause its gonna be a doozy.}