Chapter six | Heather

The three of them walked to Max's house as the sky began to darken and rainclouds surrounded the once blue sky above thundering could be heard in the distance.

"It's gonna start pouring soon, we should be at the mall or like, watching a movie or something," Max said and Valerie nodded

"you don't believe me?"

"I believe you saw some super weird stuff, but you said Mike has sensed you in there before, right?" El nodded and the girl continued "so maybe it was just like that maybe Billy just sensed you somehow."

"but the screams?"

"yeah I know but here's the thing, when Billy is alone with a girl they make like really crazy noises," Valerie snorted as Eleven looked at Max confessed

"that scream?"

"yeah but like happy scream," Valerie had to hold in a laugh causing her face to turn red as Max tried to save the girls innocents

"happy screams? What are happy screams?" but before Max could answer Valerie let out her laugh and they stared at her

"El my sweet innocent El happy scream happen when two or more people have sex, they can even happen when it's only one person" Valerie told her sweetly putting an arm around her shoulder as Max stared at her wide eyed while El only looked confused

"what is sex?"

"ask Hopper or Mike they'll tell you," El nodded and they walked up towards Max's house

"his cars not there," Max said sounding confused "you really wanna do this?" El nodded and they walked into the house and into Billy's bedroom "why do I have a feeling we're gonna find all types of wrong in here?"

"because you're brother is Gross," Valerie told her as they began to search the boys room, Max walked up to Billy's dresser opining it to see magazines with topless girl on the front "ugh gag me with a spoon,"

"they're kinda hot though," Valerie laughed as Max stared at her wide eyed, Valerie turned away from the redhead and walked towards El not seeing they jealous look Max's face wore. Standing behind El they peered into the tub filled with empty bags of ice.

"Max," both girls whispered and the red head appeared behind them staring into the water

"it's just ice, probably for his muscles or something he works out like a maniac," El turned her head the Max and Valerie examined the water, Valerie noticed El not paying attention to the water and turned to see what she was looking at and saw blood on the cabinet doors. El opened up the doors and pulled out a small green trash can.

"what in it?" Valerie asked her as she pulled out a red lifeguard fanny pack and a whistle covered in blood.

The girls decided to walk over to the pool in order to find who the pact and whistle belonged to but once they got there they saw people rushing to get out of the rain luckily the girls had pulled on raincoats before leaving for the pool. They parked their bikes and walked up the front desk.

"excuse me?" Max asked looking at the two workers

"no one in the water until 30 minutes after the last strike, and don't try and argue with me," the boy stated not looking up from his magazine "you wanna go get electrocuted go climb a tree."