Chapter seven | nightmares

They were dead. Dead. dead. dead. And it was all her fault. She stood there standing over the bodies of everyone she ever loved, in her mind she was screaming begging for this nightmare to be over. But she wasn't in control her body was taken over by the darkness and she couldn't do anything.

She tried to stop it but no matter how much she screamed and tried to take control she still had to watch as the thing inside her took the lives of everyone. Most of them died quickly except for El and Hope who tried their hardest to fight but in the end they to fell.

But what broke her the most was Max. It was as if the evil wanted Valerie to suffer as if it wanted to save the best for last. The red head died slowly and in pain begging and pleading for Valerie to some how hear her. And she did, she heard her screams and cry's but she couldn't do anything except watch as her beautiful blue eyes drained of life.

Valerie shot up from where she slept breathing heavily clutching her heart as her eyes began to fill with tears. She looked over from her spot on the bed and saw the red head next to her a small snore leaving her lips as she slept soundly. Valerie sat their for a moment admiring the girl, she gently moved a strand of her hair away form the girls facing a small smile turning on he lips. Sighing she got up and steped outside the room and then out the door leaning on the porch before breaking down into tears.

She sat there on the steps for the next half hour crying her eyes out until she heard the door open behind her and feet shuffling next to her, she turned and saw Max.

"You okay Val?"

"what do you think?" Max sat down next to Valerie and pulled her into a hug and Valerie began to cry even more

"what's wrong?"

"it's nothing really just a bad dream."

"yeah a bad dream that has you outside crying," Valerie chuckled to herself but still didn't answer the question, so the two sat in silence "if you don't want to tell me that okay. But just know I'm here for you, always," sniffling Valerie looked towards the girl and as they locked eyes Valerie let out a sigh

"I'm just scared."

"what are you scared of?"

"me, my powers," Max looked at the girl confused Valerie never talked about her what went on when she practiced with her mom and Max never pushed her to "I can't control it Max. Every time I try I fuck it up, and I cause so much damage."

"what do you mean?"

"I mean there's something evil in me and I don't know how to make it leave and I'm afraid one of these day that evil will take over and I could hurt someone. I could hurt you"

"Valerie you're not evil and I know you wouldn't hurt me or anyone else."

"you don't know that!" Valerie stood up quickly and turned away from the red head

"Bonnie?" Max whispered and Valerie turned her head the two locking eyes. Max stood up and walked over to Valerie

"I know you Valerie and just by the way you're acting now I can tell you're not evil and never will be," Valerie stared into the girls eyes not seeing a single hint that she might be lying

"you really believe that?"

"of course I do," Max pulled Valerie into a hug and the two stood their wrapped in each others arms for a moment "let's just go back inside, you look tired," Valerie nodded and the girl went back inside and crawled in bed next to a sleeping Eleven. Valerie quickly dosed off wrapped in the red heads arms while Max stared at her in awe of the girls natural beauty.

Taking her hand she gently moved a stray curly from her face and tucked it behind the brunettes ear. Valerie smiled in her sleep and snuggled closer causing butterflies to errupt in the red heads stomach, unsure of the strange feeling Max smiled and just wondered what she ever did to deserve her.

Slowly she leaned closer and placed an innocent kiss on the girls forehead and then feel fast asleep.

{A/n: I don't know if I like this chapter or not, what do you guys think?}