Chapter two | MADMAX

Its been a little over two months since Valerie came to live with her cousin. She became closer with his friend group our party as they call it. She especially took a liking to Dustin Henderson. A adorable boy with curly hair and a cute smile, it's so obvious he likes her though she doesn't feel the same. Valerie already knew Will and remembered him though he seemed strange he had this look in his eyes a look as if he's been through to much for someone his age.

They started school the second week of August and surprisingly to the party Valerie final shut up. The last week's of Summer with the girl were fun but that girl has a set of pipes on her. She could talk a mile a minute for hours about absolutely nothing. Will and Dustin didn't mind she always seemed to lighten up the room, but Mike and Lucas constantly told her to tone it down which only caused her to talk more.

But when school started you barely heard a peep from her. She loved talking or rambling as her cousin would call it. It helped her ease her mind instead of holding in her emotions and thoughts she spoke freely even if it didn't make sense.

But once school ended for the day she was back to talking nonsense much to Mike's dismay. She never made any friends other then the boys, so she spent most of her time with them especially at the arcade.

"LUCAS!" she screamed barging into his room only to see him in nothing but a towel.

"Valerie! Towel! Knock!" He stammered out clutching the towel

"Lucas! No one cares! No!" Shoving past him she graped ten of the twenty quarters he had and ran out.

"Hey those are mine," he screamed going to run after her but slipped and went crashing to the floor.

Hearing the thump come from upstairs she let out a chuckle "I'll meet you at the arcade."

Setting her bike in the rack she waited for the boys after a few minutes they finally showed just as Ms. Byers pulled up with Will.

They all crowded around Dustin as he tried and failed to win at Dragons lair.

"I hate this over priced bullshit son of a bitch piece of shit," Valerie never really understood why they loved this game so much it totally over sexualized princess Daphne. What she did understand was digdug a game which to the boys annoyance she had the highest score of 747500

"You're just not nimble enough you'll get there someday but until then princess Daphne is still mine," she rolled her eyes at her cousin words

"Whatever, I'm still top on Centipede and second on Digdug,"

"You sure about that," they all turned and saw Keith this weird teen with bad acne.

"Sure about what?" Dustin asked but the teen just continued eating his cheese puffs. "You're kidding," they all rushed o er to cheek the games only to see Valerie was now second in Digdug and Dustin in 3rd.

"751300 points."

"That's impossible."

Resentment built up in her body she hated second best sure that might make her a little narcissistic but she can't help it. "Who's MadMax?" She asked the teen

"Better than you,"

"Fuck off," she scoffed flipping him off.

"Is it you?" Will asked him only for him to reply with "you know I despise Dig dug,"

"Then who is it,"

"Yeah spill it Keith,"

"If you want information then I need something in return," he turned his attention to Mike who's eyes widened.

"No, no way you're not getting a date with her."

"Jesus Mike just get him the date so we can find what bitch took my high score, so I can beat the shit out of them," Valerie yelled getting angrier by the second.

"Hey, Anger issues calm down. I'm not prostituting my sister!"

"It's for a good cause," Lucas tried to convince him

"No Lucas it's fine," Valerie told him "Keith is an asshole and doesn't even deserve a date,"

"yeah he'll probably spread that nasty rash to your entire family." Dustin continued

"Acne isn't a rash and it isn't contagious, you prepubescent wastoid,"

"Hey don't call my Dustin a wastoid jackass, she won't go out with you get over it" she yelled causing a smile to spread on Dustin's face.

°°°

"Meet the human brain" Mr. Clarke says, setting down a model of a human brain on his desk, the class sat silently staring at him not really listening. Except for Dustin, Mike, Lucas, and Will, Valerie was never very good at science she knew it was important to know if you planed to be some Lind of scientist or doctor or even teacher in the future. But not Valerie she was always bad at it and problem always will be.

A girl that sat behind Valerie blew a bubble with her gum and as she popped it the door opened and the principle walked in with a girl Valerie had never seen. She was pretty she admitted beautiful even, she had red hair and tanned skin so she obviously wasn't from around here and she had these eyes that reminded Valerie of the ocean.

"Ah, this must be our new student," Mr. Clarke says as the principle leaves the room. The girl starts to walk away when Mr. Clarke stops her "you don't get away that easy," she rolled her eyes but still walked back to his desk "Dustin drum roll," the boy did as told and began banging on his science book.

"class please welcome all the way from sunny California, the latest passenger to join us on our curiosity voyage, Maxine,"

"It's Max."

She watched as Lucas and Dustin turned to her mouthing 'Mad Max" she shrugged her shoulders not wanting to believe the pretty girl beat her high score.

Max walked to the back of class and sat in a seat right next to Valerie. the girl stared at the redhead the two locked eyes but only for a second as Valerie whipped her had around embarrassed and flustered, but Max's eyes were still on her.

Word count: 1044

{A/n: my babies will meet officially next chapter also did anyone get my reference}

Published: 03/26/2020