𝟎𝟖𝟗

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝙶𝚘 𝚘𝚗 𝚊 𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘴𝘴' 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵

NOAH stands in front of her mirror in her bedroom and straightens out her shirt. She wipes off her pants a little bit and takes a deep breath. The teen decided to go with a pair of black pants, a tight cropped black shirt, and a brown belt. She chose her Doc Martens as her shoes and decides to leave her hair down. She also slips on her new rings and necklace from Emily.

The teen looks at the clock and sees that she has to leave in a few minutes

The teen looks at the clock and sees that she has to leave in a few minutes. She grabs her perfume and sprays it on her neck, wrists, and dabs some behind her ears. Noah puts her shoes on and grabs a black suit-type jacket in case she gets cold.

"Hey," Emily says as she puts the last of the dirty dishes in the washer, "You ready to — woah!" The mother exclaims as she takes in the teen's appearance.

"What?" Noah asks, fearing that her outfit looks bad.

"I thought you guys were going to the museum," Emily says.

"We are," Noah replies, "You have to dress nicely for the museum."

"I guess," Emily shrugs as she dries her hands. She grabs her purse and walks Noah out to the car. They sit in silence for half the drive, Emily sensing an awkward aura in the air.

"You alright?" The mother asks.

"Yep," Noah answers.

"You sure?"

"Why're you asking?" The teen questions.

"Because I sense some nerves or something—"

"No, uh..." Noah trails off, "Honestly, me and Jess got into a fight and I only had the chance to apologize over text, so it might be a little awkward at first. I just don't like fighting with her," The teen lies and sees Emily nod.

"I'm sure it'll be okay, honey," Emily coos as she sits her hand on Noah's knee.

"Yeah," The teen replies and looks out the window. Deep down, she feels the nerves in her stomach. She knows that Jess will be her same favorite blondie that she always is, but Noah is nervous about the date part of it.

Emily pulls into the top of the Finch's driveway. Noah takes a deep breath and looks over at Emily, flashing a small smile.

"Thank you for driving me," Noah beams and kisses Emily's cheek.

"Have fun, okay?" The mother giggles at the affection and kisses her daughter's cheek as well.

Noah gets out of the car and waves Emily off. She rushes up to the front door and clears her throat before knocking. She waits with her hands in her pockets as she looks over her outfit one last time.