Part 31.

Mew POV.

(OMG! Finally 😭)

Waking up inside my son's room, alone. Yes, alone since they're inside Gulf's room. Aedyn sleep with him and I sleep alone. I used to sleep with them but one time Gulf suddenly asked me if he can just sleep with Aedyn alone just like how they used to and I agreed. It's been almost 3 months since then.

I have needs but that's not the main reason. I don't know now my place in Gulf's life; aside from being Aedyn's father, who am I? Where do I belong? Everything's just not making sense anymore. Whenever I try to open the topic to him, either he just ignores it or completely avoid and change the topic.

I probably deserve it. Yeah may I do. Gulf probably has his own reason but I want a share on it too. I wanted to know.

"Can you hand me the towel?" Gulf's back is facing me and I just seem to follow his act, I handed him the towel. I went down so I can make a breakfast for us since we both have work and Aedyn got school but he is already there, he woke up earlier than me. I'm happy but he didn't even greeted me nor acknowledge my presence in the kitchen and just plainly commands to hand him the towel.

Gulf looks fine now, just like how he used to. I know he still thinks about our unborn child but that's completely normal since I always think about our little angel too.

"I'm leaving for business trip." I said while I make my coffee. Gulf just nods and continue what he is doing. Am I just being paranoid or what? but Gulf seems not to give a care about everything I do. He used to ask me where will I go or for how long will be gone, but now? I got nothing. And, If I don't send him a message, he won't message me either. He is very transactional too.

"Daddy? Leaving?" Aedyn asked as he sits on my lap, he might've heard what I said earlier. I'm all changed, they are too. We're in front of the house and I am just saying goodbye to Aedyn and wish him good luck. This is our routine everyday.

"Yes darling, daddy will leave for work and will be back soon." I kissed my son's forehead. I looked around but Gulf is not in sight, he might be in his car waiting for Aedyn. He drops Aedyn off to school on his way since my company's the other way.

"You promise daddy? promise me you'll be back!" Aedyn hugged me by the neck and it just warms my heart that Aedyn needs me. He might still be frightened that when one of us leaves, it takes time for us to come home. Is it my home though?

"Daddy promised! I'll be back in no time, okay?" I promise knowing that I have to keep them. I won't pull a missing act on them since I'm not with them whenever they needed me the most and who knows what will happen if I'll be gone for too long. I can't take the risk.

"Yay! Love you daddy!" Aedyn kissed my cheek and ran to the car, to his mother who is impatiently waiting for him and already honking. Gulf didn't even give me a single glance and I understood since he might be already late for work.

I watched as their car disappears to the road before I fix myself. I have to pull myself up together since I only have me.

"Why the long face?" Boom greeted me as soon as I entered my office. He stays inside my office even though he has his own. "Let me guess! Gulf ignored you again!" He said perked like he hits a bingo and he actually did.

I rolled my eyes, "It's nothing like that, maybe Gulf's just tired." I made an excuse in which I knew a complete lie.

"Oh c'mon!" Boom shake his head. He stands from my seat and just transferred to the sofa. I took my chair and sits comfortably then place some of the documents that I brought from home to the office and continue working on them. "Hey! You have a business trip, right?" He asked, turning his head like he just remembered it.

"Yes. I needed the things that I emailed you yesterday." I said, not looking at him.

"Anddddd... everything's on your table!" He pointed it. J just looked and found another stash of documents that needs my attention. I recognize them due to the title of the documents.

"This is a great help, thanks." I said. You should never forget to thank the person who helped you no matter how small it is and what role they have. Be appreciative, so you can ask for favors again.

"No worries man, we're bros!" He said, proudly.

"Uhuh, maybe because you're just homeless and jobless. You just don't want me to kick you out." I teased him and he just laughed at it. He knew I can't do that, he is the only one person I can go to - to cover my back, the person that I can turn to yet I don't know for a certain if he won't stab my back. He probably won't since he's the only person who knows me better.

"Hey! Oh, I forgot! I have a bad news and a good news! Which one do you want to hear first?" He said turning his head up to me.

"Bad news" I uttered.

"Too bad! I'll tell you the good news first! I have two good ones!" He cleared his throat like he is about to say something interesting, "I found my other half!"

"Congratulations!" I immediately congratulated him. Finally. "You're serious this time huh? Let me meet them soon!"

"I will! Okay, here's the main part." He clears his throat again and slightly smirks at me, "Mild's going with you and your business trip is cut into 3 days only, isn't that amazing?" He said and I am very suspicious of him. I haven't heard the bad news yet. "Bad news is... Remember Gun? Yeah he will be there, with his father."

I am not scared of them, never. "Is Gulf gonna be present?" I asked worriedly. He haven't settled with his father yet and they seem to let him off the hook because of his previous mental and health state but who knows what they were doing behind his back.

"Worried about your little wifey? Should you be the first one to know if he is?" Boom teased, "oh yeah, J forgot, He doesn't give a fvck about you now." His facial expression changes like a switch.

"Gulf just got a lot in his mind. He's still recovering" I said however this stupid brother of mine scuffs.

"I've heard that excuse from you for the past months; I can't even count how many times I've heard that same exact statement. Is there any improvement? None, right? We're back to this topic again but damn dude! It's not only his child, its yours too!" Boom exclaimed and I can feel his frustration.

"Let's forget about that. Oh yeah, are coming too? Sis will be there too." I said, changing the topic. I don't want to go over his scoldings and lectures again. I had enough and I have so many things in mind right now. I also want to put the things and issue with Gulf away even if it's just for a moment. My issue with him to be exact since he doesn't seem to care about what I feel now.

"She's going? I'll go too! I want a new car!" He said. Yep, while I spend my money for our sister, our sister who got tons of money than me is spoiling my twin brother. What an unfair life. "Oh yeah, I'll ask her to buy you a new place too. You're too broke now."

"I didn't know that making millions a year makes me broke." I commented while starting to stash the documents into my bag.

"Hell, yeah? We make billions before." He retorted. Well, he is right but that includes our father's company in which we are disowned. He glanced at his phone that blinks after a message came in. "Mild's downstairs"

"Finally someone with good humor came." I said before I stood from my seat. I saw Gulf's picture on the side. He is there, smiling while looking at the flower field. A photo that was taken for at least 8 years already. The ranch that was forgotten by me; maybe I should go there after the business trip.

I didn't know but I feel sad just by looking at his picture, I miss Gulf. I took it and place it on the drawer, face-down before closing it and leave my office.

~~~~~~

This is a bit of a filler chapter but I wanted to give Mew's feelings some light (I probably failed tho~).

How are you guys?
I might be able to upload one update at least once a week now. Thank you for waiting ❤️

Lovelots 💙❤️