Chapter 38

Chapter 38

"Get up, or I'll spill hot black coffee on you filthy teenagers." Megan snapped. "And I only want Samantha and Jordan, the rest of you lowlifes can sleep the day away for all I care."

Wow, what a lovely way to wake up. The smell of the fresh roast immediately jolted me up, as I feared the feisty Asian would follow through with her plans. I rigidly slipped out of the rectangular cot inside of the bus wall, trying not to bang my head on the hard roof of my personal coffin. I was right above Charlie who was the first cubby on the left side, and directly below Angelina. Olivia resided in the highest bunk on the girls side.

I must say, it wasn't nearly as cramped as I thought it would be. It's a tight fit, but two people could fit in one for sure, which is why I think the team separated the girls and guys. Although it doesn't really stop anyone from sneaking over in the middle of the night.

I planted my feet securely on the shaggy carpet and saw a disheveled Jordan in front of me with noting but a pair of plaid pajama pants on. His hair was a mess and his pants were hung so low on him that I could see is Calvin Klein's peaking through.

My eyes raked over every inch of him. The curves of his defined chest, the adorably sleepy look on his face along with the stubble that fit perfectly on his sculpted jawline.

Jesus.

He was simply a work of art. A broken piece of beauty. I quickly shook myself out of this daze when our eyes met for a second too long.

Megan was a few feet away from us holding on to her espresso like it was keeping her alive. The dreadful look in her eye matched exactly how I felt on the inside. It was 7 o'clock, way too early to be socializing with people. Especially when I looked like an alien from Predator.

"Just to give you a heads up, the public thinks you've been dating for almost four months now. We need to get you back out there, the fans will begin to lose interest if we wait any longer. Your last and only appearance, if you will even call it that- wasn't successful, so we're going to milk this tour for all it's worth alright? I see you've got the right idea, but just to reinforce, we need Jam holding hands in public at all time, a kiss every once in a while, and a hug or two."

She waited for both of us to nod our heads before continuing.

"Today, you will be going on a date to the Las Vegas Aquarium. We arrive in about an hour, so get ready." She said with such lack of emotion, I began to believe she was a robot underneath her pencil skirt and ironed blouse. She flipped her silky black hair and left us in the hallway.

"You can take the bathroom first, I bet you take a million years to get ready anyways." Jordan said with a boyish smile.

I rolled my eyes at him, and slipped past him quickly to get my bathroom bag out from my miniature cubby.

Once I was in the bathroom, I turned on the water in the smallest shower I'd ever seen in my life, and began to strip. The tiny room instantly filled up with steam, and I quickly engulf myself in the hot water. It felt amazing to scrub the griminess I felt from travelling off of my body, almost therapeutic in a way. I made sure I lathered well with my favorite body wash, and shaved my legs until I felt like a dolphin at SeaWorld.

I turned off the shower and began to dry myself off with one of the beige towels they had laid out for us. I immediately got to work on my hair, which I knew would take the longest, and blow dried it bone straight. I applied some smoothing serum to the ends, and decided I would leave it like this for once. I then swiped on some makeup, even taking the time to make sure my winged eye-linger was perfectly sculpted.

After I was done, I slipped on a loose fitting spaghetti strap oatmeal sundress that stopped at finger-tip length. I added a couple pieces of dainty gold jewelry, a spritz of perfume, pulled slouchy cross body over my shoulder, and slipped on my brown sandals in record time.

I proudly walked out of the bathroom with 30 minutes to spare. Take that Jordan.

I came into the main seating area and plopped down in front of Jordan on the worn in couch. His eyes immediately snapped up, probably in disbelief that I was ready so fast.

"The bathroom's all yours." I said cockily, and whipped out my phone. I felt his gaze linger for a couple seconds longer and I refused to meet it. It was kind of nice to be on the other end for once, and having the ball in your court.

I could get used to this.

He muttered something under his breath and slipped into the bathroom. It was only a couple of minutes before I heard the shower start to run again.

I occupied myself with flappy bird and twitter until I heard the bathroom door swing open again. My eyes quickly darted over to him and I found myself staring for a lot longer than I'd planned.

He looked good.

Jordan sported his usual grey V-neck that hugged him in and all the right places, with dark wash jeans that looked like they were made just for him. A beanie lay snug on his head showing only tendrils of his dirty blonde hair. His black low-top converse sealed the boyish look perfectly. He literally looked like a freaking boy next door effortlessly.

I forced myself to look away or else I would've had to have been peeled from this couch.

Before I could sneak another glance, Megan popped out from the passengers seat at the front. "We're almost there losers."

I fought a small smile that formed on my lips and shoved my cell phone into purse.

"Alright, before we leave let's get a Jam picture. Trust me, I don't want to take it as much as you don't want to be in it."

I groaned in annoyance and thought that that couldn't be possible. Jordan rolled his eyes and shot up off the couch. "C'mon Sammy."

I reluctantly got up and trudged over to him. We awkwardly stood there until Megan began to grow frustrated and pushed us together forcefully. I collided into Jordan side and lost my balance for a few seconds, which resulted in Jordan's hands wrapping around me to steady me.

Heat immediately rose to my cheeks. I wasn't used to him to him touching me like this again.

Heck, was I ever used to him touching me like this?

He chuckled, "You okay?"

I quickly nodded and he dropped one of his arms and snaked the other around my waist like he had done it thousands of times.

We both smiled for the picture, but I already knew I probably looked like a deer in headlights because I could hardly focus with Jordan's fingers stroking my lower back.

"Great pic Jam, I'm such an amazing photographer that it even amazes me some times." Megan chimed. I laughed lightly, thankful that that dreadful picture is over with.

Gilbert began slowing to a stop and I realized it was time to get off the bus. A huge lump formed in my throat as I reached to get my purse.

If I can barely look at Jordan without turning into a tomato, how am I supposed to go on a date with him?