Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I had the day all planned out. I would start off by floating into to the kitchen and preparing myself some good 'ol fashioned microwave popcorn and physically glue myself to my media room chair. I would watch poorly made rom-coms until my eyeballs fell out, and no one could stop me.

It was going to be fantastic. I even had on a Packers hoodie and some joggers to tie in the laziness of my day into my outfit. There would be no interruptions.

Matt was out of town, Janet was scheduled for meetings all day, and Jer was toting her around. Frank and Barbra were given strict orders to not enter my dungeon at all costs.

I clambered down the steps and slid into the kitchen Risky Business style. I swiftly opened up the pantry and grabbed two packets of popcorn. It was surely enough for an all day marathon, and I began to get a little excited.

I placed the packets in the microwave, and set the timer. I grabbed a large bowl out from one of the cabinets, and yanked an icy bottled lemonade out from the refrigerator door compartment.

As soon as I heard the obnoxious beeps erupt from my microwave, the doorbell sounded.

Clearly the outside world didn't understand that I wasn't planning on seeing any human life today.

I grumpily went to answer the door, and a certain devious, blue-eye boy stood behind it. I hurriedly tried to shut the door, but it stopped on something inches before closing. I peered down to see Jordan's sneaker wedges between the door and it's frame.

I groaned, and swung the door back open to meet his smug look. "What do you want?"

He waltzed right past me and into my house as if it were his own. I couldn't believe he had the audacity. "Excuse me? I don't remember inviting an idiot into my home." I spat, following him into the kitchen, where he proceeded to eat my popcorn out of its bag.

He rolled his eyes at my insult, swallowing a handful of popcorn. "Put the claws away, kitty. I'm here to make amends." He said slyly.

"I don't believe you. Get out." I wasn't playing any games, he needed to know that I was serious.

He cocked an eyebrow at me, looking surprised and amused that I had dared to defended myself. "Make me." He challenged.

I knew physically there was no way to get him to leave, so I tried the next best thing. "What are you even doing here? You pick a fight with my boyfriend and expect me to welcome you into my home with open arms?" I growled. The grin on his face grew to my annoyance.

"Oh right, what was his name? Mark?" He chuckled. "Look, I could honestly care less about the little guy. Like I said, I'm here to mend the bridge a little."

"You're so full of yourself. I can't believe I'm going to have to work with you for the next 6 months." I whined in a child like manner, even stomping my foot for added affect.

"It won't be all bad. I'm sure we can find something to make the time fly by." He said suggestively, and I felt my face heat up. I had now fully entered the kitchen again and felt his eyes follow my every move. It was unnerving. I closed the microwave, and began pouring the remnants of the popcorn into the bowl.

"You're annoying." I finally spat.

"You're stupid." he said and threw multiple pieces of popcorn at me. I sighed in frustration.

"You're rude."

"You're a pain in the ass."

More popcorn went flying, coming from me this time. I was fed up.

"Look, take your arrogant, delinquent behind out of my house. I'm sure you have a lot of other lives you could ruin." I snipped.  The amusing quickly drained out of his face, and was replaced with anger.

"You know nothing about me, don't pretend like you do. Maybe you and that boyfriend of yours are actually perfect together? He's an insecure, over-rated, prude just like you." He spat.

With that, he left my house and slammed the door behind him. I heard the roar of his motorcycle from the kitchen.