Chapter 26

Chapter 26

This stupid building had more twists and turns than a maze, and the tears blurring my vision didn't help much either. I swiped at them ferociously, turning franticly trying to find a way out of this endless hallway. I felt a firm hand grip my wrist, and flip me around roughly. I met Jordan's electric blue eyes and it looked as if he was about to blow a gasket. His face was pulled into a furious expression and it only made me want to punch it in more. The place where our skin met felt like it was burning, and I quickly yanked my hand out of the embrace. His eyes had a look of pure frustration and confusion hidden in them.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You're lucky no one was in that lobby." He whispered fiercely, desperately trying to gain control of me. I wasn't having any of it. The amount of horrible things he's done to me has finally added up, and the score is overwhelming. I'm beyond furious, and I'm acting irrationally, but I couldn't care less. All of those tabloids and gossip magazines had Jordan Taylor identified to a tee. He was a mess, and I had gotten dirty from his charades. The anger was boiling over at each passing second, and I mustered up all of my strength and shoved his toned chest backwards. He stumbled a little bit and a bewildered look danced across his face.

"How could you? I wouldn't give you what you wanted, so you decide to torture me everywhere I go?" I screeched loudly, not caring who heard. I felt triumphant, and almost did a tiny victory dance, but my mind was occupied on kicking him in the private. He immediately recovered and grabbed my wrists forcefully and I yanked them back just as quickly. Did he actually think he would be able to tame me? I mean, I'm sure it looked like Jordan was winning, but trust me, he was loosing big time. I was 5'4 of pure steel. A mad Sam, is a Sam you don't want to mess with.

The shuffle went on for a couple more seconds before Jordan snapped.

"Can we not do this here?" He suddenly grew tired of our back and forth. He picked me up easily, as if I was a feather, and darted into a nearby storage closet, tossing me like a worthless sack of potatoes. I kicked and punched with all of my might, and a wave of anger overtook me as I remembered his prank the first day on set. I hated being picked up, and it was not helping his case right now. This was the angriest I had been since Janet made Maria, our chef, stop making chocolate chip pancakes.

He shut the door and I immediately attempted to escape, pushing, shoving, and tugging with full force. Who could blame me? Being in an extremely confined space with the guy you hate and, are slightly crushing on the most? It definitely didn't seem like a fun time to me.

Now I was less than a foot away from him, breathing the same toxic air. Our faces were practically inches away from each other, but the tight feeling in my chest wouldn't betray me this time. I'd much rather light him on fire as I sip on an ice cold glass of water.

"Let me out." I spat at him. There was no way that I was spending anymore time in this damned closet. But it was no use, he wasn't budging, and I couldn't physically pry him off the door. I was stuck.

"No, not until you tell me what you're talking about without punching me." He held his ground and gave me a firm look, as if he really didn't know. I wanted to slap the scowl straight off his face. He knew exactly what he did, and he just wants to make me look like I've fallen off my rocker. Not this time, I refused to be the crazy one. Enough with the chaos, from here on out, I'm taking control.

A feather duster may be poking me in the butt, but I'm still in control.

"You know exactly what you did. I wouldn't give it up, so you went and sabotaged everything. You rubbed Angelina in my face every chance you got, almost broke Matt and I up, and you're trying to get me fired by being a complete idiot on set. Every thing that you've said to me has been a lie, and I refuse to do this. Those tabloids had you spot on, Jordan." My voice trembled a little, but I managed to lace every word with venom, just as I had planned. He looked stunned after I had finished, and I was wondering what he would do next. The amount of shock that filled his eyes shot a pang of guilt through me, but he deserved every word.

He finally registered what I had said, and I awaited his response, greedily. "I can't believe you think I would even be capable of something like that. Sam, I know, lately, I haven't been myself, and I'm sorry for that. But you know I would nev-"

"No, I don't know, Jordan. Your track record isn't the cleanest."  I shouted at him. He flinched at my statement, and I knew I had taken it too far. Things were about to get uglier than an episode of The Real Housewives.

"I never lied about that, Sam. Dammit! I have to deal with everyone else making assumptions about me, I would have thought that I could actually trust you." He spat viciously.

"Well, you thought wrong. I'm done with you using my emotions whenever you need them. I'm not just some toy you can play with when you get bored. God, I can't believe I was actually falling in love w-" I stopped myself immediately before I could utter the evil words. His eyes grew wide at the heaviness of what I was going to say, and I wanted to dig my grave right then and there. I had just inserted my foot directly into my mouth, and now I was choking on it.

"Sam, did you just-"

The door swung open rapidly, and we were faced with a short Indian cleaning lady looking extremely upset. "Excuse me! Can you please save the romance for outside of the supply closet?" she had a strong accent, and her hair was a disheveled mess. I took my chance and snatched the keys from his pocket, quickly making a beeline for the front door, leaving Jordan in the broom room with an extremely furious cleaning lady to navigate around. That gave me at least 30 seconds to make a break for it. Thankfully there was no paparazzi, and I sprinted to his car faster than the speed of light.

Once I securely got into the car, I jammed the keys into the ignition and slammed on the gas pedal. I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw his lean body fade away in the rear view mirror.