Chapter 51

Chapter 51

Jordan

The sound of the doorbell ringing woke me out of a deep sleep. I rubbed my eyes in annoyance and turned to face the clock on my bedside table. It read 2:36 am. Who the hell was at my house at this time in the morning? Not even Adam would dare to wake me up at 2 am, because he knew that I would castrate him without hesitation.

I grouchily rolled out of my bed in nothing but plaid pajama pants, as a second and third ring echoed through the house. Unfortunately I was home alone, so I wasn't able to let the ringing continue until someone else would be forced to answer it. The house was extremely dark, but I navigated my way though it expertly.

I made my way down the stairs to the heavy oak front door, and opened it quickly to cut off the persistent ringing. A giggling Sam stood before me, still dressed in her short black dress and heels from the premier. My breath caught in my throat at the sight of her. She still looked amazing, hours later, with her wild waves cascading down her shoulders and back and hazel orbs burning brightly.

As soon as her eyes found mine, I saw a blush creep up her cheeks. "Hey, Jordan." Sam chuckled. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, extremely puzzled as to why she was at my front door at 2 am, laughing like a maniac. Sam had an unreadable expression plastered on her face, and I reluctantly let stepped aside to let her in. She brushed past me, and for a quick second I smelled the alcohol on her. Closing the door behind her, I turned on the foyer light, illuminating the darkness surrounding us. Sam was standing in front of me, oddly swaying back and forth and singing a Spice Girls song. She was wasted.

"Sam, how much have you had to drink tonight?" I questioned worriedly. She looked loopy and disoriented.

"I'm going to tell you a funny story." She started, completely dodging my question. I threw her a confused look. "No, trust me, you're going to love it. It all starts out with me getting dropped off at home and seeing your motorcycle parked in my driveway. I had almost forgotten about that part of the bet, but thankfully you didn't. Anyways, I walk into my house and I heard my Dad crying, which is super weird. Then, he tells me my mom died from lung cancer." Sam begins to hysterically laugh, clutching her stomach. I felt my heart sink. Oh my God.

She takes a couple seconds to recover, before jumping back into her story. "Then, I decided, why not take this bike that I won for a spin? So I get on, and I'm literally flying with not even so much as a helmet on. I'm surprised I didn't get pulled over, even though that would have been hilarious. Eventually, I make my way to this bar, and convince the bouncer to let me in. Perks of being and A-list celebrity, right? I get inside, and they let me have free drinks on the house. It was the best, seriously. After I drank my bodyweight in tequila, I hopped back on the bike and came over here. It was quite the adventure making it in one piece." Sam slurred.

"Sammy, please tell me your joking." I questioned, horrified. She shook her head humorously, and I felt sick to my stomach. "Sam, you could've killed yourself. What the hell were you thinking? Your Dad is probably worried sick. Where is your phone?" I barked at her, and she flinched.

"At home." She shrugged. I sighed loudly and ran my fingers roughly through my hair. I had never seen her absolutely trashed, and God knows what could have happened to her on her way to get over here. My anxiety went into overdrive. There was no way I was letting her anywhere out of my sight. She needed someone to take care of her, and despite what was going on between us, I was going to be the one to do it.

I grabbed her wrist and began weaving through furniture to get to the kitchen, and she followed clumsily. As soon as we reached the tiled floor, I picked her up and sat her on the counter so she wouldn't topple over. So many thoughts were running through my head as I grabbed a glass out of the cabinet and poured her some water.