Chapter 5

Chapter 5

We released after what seemed like hours. As soon as we did, the guilt bubbled inside of me. Everyone was silent. I wondered how long we had been there. My face was burning; I knew it was bright red without the need of a mirror.

"That will be all, thank you." The red-head said quietly, the first time I had ever heard her use an inside voice before.

I bolted for the door, not stopping until I reached the leather seats. Jeremy looked at me wildly as I slammed the door behind me. A few seconds later Janet comes in, breathing heavily.

"Home, Jer." She said, out of breath. I buried my face in the nearest thing I could find all the way home. I didn't want to see the silent looks Jeremy and Janet had shared. I ran up the stairs, tripping because the tears blurred my vision. Plants poking me, and leaves getting stuck on me because I couldn't see where I was going.

Franklin opened the door right before I twisted the knob. "What's wrong?" He asked fully concerned. I didn't have the energy to talk to him, and he understood that.

"Well, Mr. Westbrook is waiting for you upstairs for a surprise visit. Peut-être cela vous remonter le moral."

He was the last person I wanted to see right now. I didn't need him asking what happened, or wondering who my co-star was. I walked up the stairs very slowly, wondering what I would say to him. I opened my door, and Matt was in his usually spot, watching TV. As soon as he saw me, he ran over and gave me a hug.

He was not making this easier.

"I am so sorry about everything. I promise I'll make every thing better, ok? Please don't cry." He said sadly. Which made me cry harder, because I'm the one who should be feeling depressed, not him.

There was nothing he could make better, the damage was already done. The truth was left unsaid and I ended falling asleep in his arms, too over whelmed to object.

I woke up to the sound of people fighting. I knew it was Matt's old shows he liked to watch. He must have felt me wake up because he turned the TV down and brought me closer to him. I opened my eyes to see him staring at me with those very familiar brown pupils.

"So, are you feeling any better? You looked like you had a long day." He said gently, as if at any moment I was going to break down in tears at any moment. He picked some leaves out of my hair. I took a deep breath and began to speak, even though I didn't know what was going to come out of my mouth.

"When I went to the callback, I wasn't completely surprised as I was horrified. My co-star if I do get the part will be ... Jordan Taylor." His face was an emotion I couldn't read, anger, frustration, sadness? I kept going before he would erupt.

"I saw him at the audition, but I didn't think it was likely, or at least I hoped it wasn't likely. But unfortunately, he was chosen for a callback too. We were doing scenes, when the casting director asked us to do a kissing scene to test the chemistry we have together. I didn't want to do it, but I wanted this role."

I could tell this was going to end badly by the shade of red his face was. He flung me out of his arms and was off the bed in record time.

"What? You mean the scumbag low-life, Jordan Taylor? Out of all the people in the world, why him?" He was furious, I could feel the rage in his words.

"I don't know? Maybe I just have bad luck, or something." He was now off the bed pacing rapidly, running his fingers violently through his hair. I knew he wasn't angry at me but he was still pretty menacing.

"When is your next meeting?" Jr said out of the blue. I was startled by his question.

"I think Tuesday; we are meeting the cast if I get the part, why?" I asked cautiously curious as to what his answer might be.

"I'm coming with you." He said sternly. I looked at him wildly.

"Are you crazy? You can't come."

"Why not?" he said angrily.

"It's a bad idea, Matt." I said, practically begging him. I knew how frustrating Jordan could be, there was no way that they would mix well together.

"I am checking out this Jordan dude." He once again stormed out of my room.

I had sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. This was not going to end well.