Chapter 45

Chapter 45

"Looks like someone's got a lot of explaining to do around here. Does Maxwell the great need to start doing nightly checks to see if you're in bed? I mean I would much rather spend my time in the sack with my Asian Princess." Maxwell cooed at Megan, who returned the affection with a stomach churning kiss on the cheek. The sight of them together was enough to make a person with the strongest stomach hurl. I was positive Karma hated having a room with extremely thin walls directly next door to the love birds. My heart ached for her.

We all groaned in unison while Gilbert bopped to Beyoncé in the front seat. It was 7 o'clock in the morning, and we had all been ripped from a deep slumber to have an emergency meeting about the baby bomb that had been dropped yesterday. I still couldn't believe that Charlie had been sneaking around and lying about it this entire time. If I wasn't so angry, I would recommend her to become a politician.

I didn't even get the chance to talk to Charlie about it. The last person I had even talked to since we were banished to our cots after the Gala disaster was Jordan, and we all know how that turned out. I didn't even want to think about what was going on between him and I. That was a problem I would deal with at a later date. Until then, I would avoid any and all eye contact with that blue eyed nightmare.

I was also aware of the issue at hand as we sat sleepily on the couches facing each other. Almost everyone on this bus including Gilbert, probably thought I was the one having a baby, which made me feel uncomfortable on so many levels.

"According to all of your contracts, carrying a child at this time is strictly prohibited due to the fast-paced nature of this promotional tour. This could mean lots of trouble for two of you air heads. Not to mention some of you are still minors, so your parents signed agreements keeping me in charge of your wellbeing. Coming home pregnant really doesn't look to snazzy for my case." Megan ranted.

All of us grew quiet realizing the seriousness of the situation. I never even thought of Megan losing her job, or anyone getting in trouble because of this. I looked over to Charlie next to me and she didn't meet my eyes. I wondered what was going on in that head of hers.

"Why don't we just get this over with? Since no one wants to confess, we should go around and give a reason as to why they wouldn't be pregnant or get someone pregnant. The least believable one will be tested and we can move on with our lives." Angelina snapped with curlers bouncing in her perfectly kept head. Someone needed a coffee, stat.

Although the she-demon made me want to launch her body out of the bus window, it was a relatively good plan. Megan nodded her head in approval.

"Fine. Joey, you go first." Megan piped. He raised an eyebrow at her as if she was joking.

"I'm gay, next." He stated nonchalantly, and continued to play with a loose thread on his jeans. I would've laughed at that if the tension in the room wasn't so thick that you could cut it with a knife.

"Fair point. Charlie?" My stomach dropped. Would she lie to cover up the truth? Or would she just own up to it? I was honestly scared for her. Something like this was going to change her and Adam's entire life.

"I don't want to have kids. Like ever." She said dully, not looking up from twisting a ring around her finger repeatedly.

"Wow, super convincing. The whole no 'no kids' excuse, huh?" Angelina snarled, crossing her arms over her chest in a dramatized manner. She was like one of those annoying Chihuahuas that never stopped barking and biting at people.

"What is your issue? I have never done anything to you." Charlie recounted quickly, her hand clenched in a fist. I gave her a puzzled look, she was just digging herself into a deeper hole.

"My issue is having to stand on trial because one of you naïve girls thought one of these boys actually liked you, and got knocked up. It's totally unfair." Angelina whined, causing multiple eyes to roll on the bus. She stomped her pink slipper the on the carpeted area.

"And how do we not know you aren't the one who's pregnant?" Charlie looked like she was ready to go to war, her fiery red locks whipping around as she threw daggers at Angelia from across the couch.

Why was Charlie doing this? She should just admit to being pregnant and deal with the consequences. It would save her so much stress, and she wouldn't have to say such hurtful things or hide her baby from anyone. I'm sure she is terrified, this whole scenario isn't helping.

Angelia just rolled her eyes as if it was the most ridiculous accusation she had ever heard. "If Sam is with Jordan, and you're with Adam, who would that leave me with? Joey? Oh right, he's gay..." Angelina laughed evilly, knowing exactly what she had done.

"Wait, what? Plot twist! Charlie you're dating Adam?" Maxwell screeched, causing us all to jump. Megan whispered something in his ear that caused him to grin like a mad man and dash to the bedroom at the back of the bus and shut the door abruptly. I shivered, hoping I would never find out what she told him for as long as I lived. The ecstatic look on that grown mans face told me it wasn't exactly PG.

"Charlie and Adam, we will discuss this later. Let's continue." Megan said coldly. Everyone's eyes turned on me, and I began to blush immediately. Public speaking was not my cup of tea, especially when your crowd is a group of people who think you belonged on an episode of Teen Mom.

"W-well, I'm not even dating anyone, technically." I said weakly, hoping no one would call me out. Of course I wasn't so lucky.

"Yeah right, I heard you and Jordan sneak into the torture chamber last night." Angelina shot. I wanted to punch her straight in the nose. She had no idea what she was talking about, and now I looked like some boy-crazed teenager.

"Is that true?" Megan grilled, staring me down with her dark eyes. I had never felt so intimidated by a miniature sized woman in my life. Her bob looked extra sharp today, somehow adding to my nervousness.

"No! Well, yes. It's not what it sounds like though, nothing happened. We just t-talked." I lied through my teeth. Joey gave me a pitiful look, and I knew I was already deemed guilty.

I put my face in my hands and took a deep breath. I knew exactly what I needed to do in order for everyone to believe that I wasn't carrying Jordan's child, but it wouldn't be easy. "Look, I'm not pregnant because I've never...I haven't..." I choked looking to find the right words to explain myself. My face was burning profusely, and I was positive this was the way I was going to die. Death at the hands of embarrassment. Yep, that would be a new one.

"She's a virgin." Angelina cackled. Her obnoxious laugh was the only sound present in the room, and I was positive I would never live this down. The entire crew looked at me with surprise and some with sympathy.

"Now that's a plot twist!" Maxwell shouts from the back of the bus. Megan slapped her forehead.

This was it. I was fully prepared to dig my own grave right between the couch cushions.

"I have a confession to make!" Olivia stated. We all turned our heads to her, waiting to hear what she could possibly have to say on the matter. Probably something along the lines of, how are children even created?  "I'm the one who had the pregnancy test." she blurted.

"What?" Megan said in shock. Olivia smiled weakly and fiddled with the yellow headband on her scalp.

"I was online, and I was looking up funny ways to prank your parents. I found these fake positive pregnancy tests to scare the socks off of someone, so I picked them up when we stopped in Vegas. I took a selfie with it and my mom totally fell for it!" Olivia giggled loudly. "Anyways, I was finished with it, so I threw it in the trash and I guess you found it."

"So you knew this entire time and didn't say anything?" Megan boomed. Suddenly she looked like a volcano, ready to explode. And for once, I actually felt her pain.

"It wasn't my turn to speak yet." Olivia shrugged.