Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Samantha

I felt Jordan immediately scramble away from me, and I stifled a laugh. Hollywood's notorious bad boy was shaking in his boots at the sight of my father.

"Could you give me a moment alone with my daughter, sir." He snapped angrily. Jordan quickly mumbled and apology, and exited the sterile hospital room hastily. My mind was still racing from what just happened. If I remembered properly, I had just the Jordan Taylor that I was in love with him.

What the heck is going on around here?

My father's annoyed expression fades as he approaches me slowly, with a pained look in his eyes. He looks so destroyed, like his entire world had been shattered. A tear pricks my eye and I don't even bother attempting to wipe it away.

"Oh squirt, look at you." His usually strong and controlling voice broke, and I felt as if a piece of my heart had chipped away. When I saw Jordan, I had been distracted by the force of what really had happened, and the anger and fear came rushing back all at once. Matt had destroyed me, and not only physically, but in every other aspect that you could possibly think of. When Jordan was around the pain was numbed, but as soon as he left, I felt  it hit me like a freight train. A loud sob broke through my lip, and I engulfed my Dad in a rib-crunching hug.

I let the tears flow freely, and gripped my father starched button-up with every fiber in my being. He just held me, and I felt safe in his arms. And although it would take a long time, maybe even years to heal from what Matt did, I know that as long as I had him, I would be okay.

My dad was everything to me. Saying that I was a daddy's girl was an understatement. Since my own mother had been MIA for the majority of my life, I had always connected with my dad on a more personal level. He worked a lot, and was always on business trips, only at home for the holiday and a couple weeks at a time. But whenever I could see him, it was like I was a little girl all over again. He spoiled me, and showed me all the attention I had craved from my mother in just a matter of weeks, days, and sometimes even hours.

He released me to cup my face in his hands, just as he would do when I was younger. The sense of nostalgia made me realized how much I did truly miss my old man.

His hazel eyes bored into mine and I felt every sorrow and pang of guilt just as if it had course through me. "I told you when you were a little girl that I'd never let anything happen to you, and just look at where you are now. I should have seen it coming, but I didn't because I'm never around, and I've failed you as a father, Sammy. I'm just so sorry, so sorry."

He kissed the top of my head, and slowly got up from the creaky hospital bed. Suddenly two bodies clambered loudly into the room, startling us both. I snapped my head around to see none other than Charlie and Joey enter the room and freeze as soon as they saw my father standing next to me.

"Sorry, we didn't-" Charlie began.

"No, it's alright I was just leaving. I didn't realize how popular my daughter had grown over the last couple of months." He joked, clearly referring to the kiss he stumbled upon between me and Jordan. My cheeks burned at the embarrassing thought, and I quickly pushed it out of my head.

"Joey, Charlie, I can't believe you came." I squealed as soon as my dad had left the room. My two best friends rushed over to me and surrounded me in bear hugs.

"Of course senorita, as soon as we heard the bad news, we rushed over here at the butt crack of dawn and waited hours to see if our queen was okay. Besides, we couldn't let you sit around with hospital bed head all day, now could we?" Joey's laugh boomed. I had almost forgot how loud that boy was. I let out a giggle as Charlie whipped out a brush and some hair ties and went to work on my matted hair.

They both took a seat and filled me in on what happened in the past two days that I was out. J-Lo got a new haircut, our favorite diner, Pinky's, got a new salad on the menu, and people still believed that me and Jordan were the new hot, "it" couple. Basically the world kept on moving without me, and I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that the press hadn't gotten a hold of the whole Matt situation. The tabloids would practically be breaking my door down in attempts to get the inside scoop.

I would have to make a mental note to thank Janet, who by the way, still hasn't come to check on me. What a caring and loving mother, right?

I felt the consistent pressure on my blader grow due to uncontrolable laughter from these two goofballs, and I felt like I was going to burst any seccond. "Guys, I really need to pee. Unless you want to sit in a warm puddle for the rest of your visit, I suggest you move." Charlie and Joey quickly sprang off the bed and I slowly removed myself from the cot and walked outside the door for the first time in two days.

As soon as I exited the room I saw Jordan leaning against the wall with him back towards me and a phone pressed to him ear.

"Okay baby, I can't wait to see your face tonight. I love you, bye." He spoke into the phone softly, and I completely froze in my tracks.

This was it. This is what it felt like to get your heart comepletly ripped apart by a famous wild child.