Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I am beyond confused. Why didn't I stop him? Did I want him to kiss me? No, that couldn't be right. Matt is such a great guy. I really care about him, flaws and all. He is much safer and more sane.

I walk into my house in a daze, immediately going straight to my room unannounced. I plop down on the bed and sigh heavily. What is wrong with me? I feel like a horrible girlfriend. How could I even think about kissing another guy when Matt has been so loyal to me? It's like I'm cheating on him.

I know that I love Matt, and that I don't want any kind of relationship with Jordan, and I can't if I wanted to. Which I don't. At all.

It would be stressful and crazy, polar opposite of dealing with Matt. No one knows that he's my boyfriend and I like to keep it that way. Or course my family, friends, and closets co-workers know, but I'm trying to keep him out of the spotlight. As I said earlier, I'm not as popular as Jordan, but I have has my fair share of articles.

It's just so much easier dating someone who isn't famous. Less pressure. Dating Jordan would be like setting myself on fire multiple times a day. Going out for coffee was an issue.

Suddenly my phone starts ringing and I grumpily shimmy it out of my pocket. It's Janet.

"Hello?" I say absentmindedly.

"What were you thinking?" She snapped.

"What are you talking about?"

"Going out with Jordan Taylor earlier today? I leave for two seconds and you have already screwed something up."

Ouch. I screwed something up by going out with a co-worker for a caffeinated beverage?

"Wow, I didn't know getting coffee was a sin." I barked sarcastically.

"It's already on the cover of multiple tabloid websites."

"How? It literally happened two seconds ago." I said in disbelief.

"News spreads fast, Samantha. It was your fault for going out with the idiot."
Janet scoffed.

"Don't talk about him that way!" I barked. I couldn't believe I was defending him right now, but he had never done anything to Janet. There was no reason for her to be so vicious.

"Don't be stupid, you're just another one of his play things. You mean absolutely nothing to him. How does Matt feel about you hanging around him?" She said in a condescending ton.

"Don't bring Matt into this." I snarled at her.

"He doesn't even know, does he?" She laughed darkly. "You're dumber than I thought."

"Going out with someone doesn't make me dumb, Janet. I'm 17 years old and I'm allowed to go out and get a damn drink. Maybe if you weren't such a horrible mother I would be able to stand being in the same room as you for more than five seconds." I spit into the phone and hang up.

I instantly felt guilty, but I didn't care. Janet didn't dare call me back. I grabbed a pillow off of my bed and scream into it. This day has been horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Before I know it I'm dialing Matt's number.

"Hello?" He said softly. I involuntarily sob into the phone.

"Can you come over?"

"Yeah, of course. What happened?" he asked, panic distinct in his voice.

"Everything is messed up," I managed to get out in between sobs.

"I'll be there in 10 minutes." He says quickly and hangs up.

I decide to take a nap, waiting for Matt to get here. I slowly drift off to sleep.