Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Jordan

I slammed my car door in frustration. It didn't make any sense, and the more I tried to figure it out the more confusing it became. I sighed heavily in the dimly lit car and ran my fingers roughly through my greasy hair.

I finally told her how I had felt about her, practically since the day I met her, and she actually felt the same way. I never thought that would happen in a million years, and I felt like I was flying. I had everything that I needed.

And she wanted me as bad as I wanted her. But almost as soon as something good happens, some invisible force came and ruined everything.

I mean, I'm not very religious, but I'm pretty sure the Big Man Upstairs has it out for me.

How the heck did she go from wanting to run in a meadow together, to acting as if I'm some plague in less than an hour? Did Mr. Business Suit tell her I was bad news? If her Dad really made that bad of an assumption within 30 seconds of meeting me, and found a way to convince Sam that quickly, then I was more terrified of that man then ever. No wonder Janet and him are married.

But if her father hated me enough to convince her to dump me, then why did he thank me for staying with Sam so graciously, on his way out? He seemed like he had completely forgiven me for the whole, "kissing my drugged daughter" thing.

Was it her friends that changed her mind? They might be trying to protect her in some way, given that my track record isn't the cleanest. And I may have been a little rude to them from time to time, but I mean the red head was asking for it. I never even had a real conversation with them, I just brushed them to the side, but they kept popping up like rodents.

Hey, I never claimed I was a people person.

No matter how hard I try, I couldn't wrap my head around it. None of it made sense, I hadn't even done anything to make her even the tiniest bit upset. But then, right there in the hospital parking lot, one of my devious plans hit me.

If she apparently hates me so much, then there shouldn't be a problem testing her theory. An evil grin spread across my faced and I jammed the keys in the ignition. If she thought she was going play with me, then she's gonna have to learn how to put her money where her mouth is.