Chapter 7

Chapter 7

We were all in the extremely roomy limo, staring at each other. Janet was focused on answering her texts the whole ride. I squeezed Matt's hand and smiled weakly at him. We were almost there, and it wouldn't do any good to tell him now, would it? Matt would find out soon enough, and I didn't want to be there when he did.

All of us got out of the car, and walked into the building. I was ready, for the first time in a week I was ready to face everyone. I had scrubbed off the guilt, anger, and frustration, and I wasn't going to let Jordan ruin my night. I spotted him talking to the red-head lady. I stifled a chuckle as she slapped his arm away from her slim waist.

"What's so funny?" Matt asked. I didn't even notice he was staring at me.

"Nothing." I said quickly, avoiding his gaze. Jordan suddenly turned in my direction and noticed me. He started towards us, swaying cockily. He raised his eyebrow when he saw Matt, and I gave him a deadly look.

"Is that him?" Matt whispered in my ear.

"Yeah." I replied. His grip tightened around my waist as Jordan approached. Matt even puffed his chest out a little. I wanted to slap myself.

Oh Lord, he was really jealous.

"Well, who do we have here?" Jordan yelled confidently over the chatter. He raised his arms wide about to give me a hug, when Matt stepped in front of me right to block his embrace. Matt started to speak and I felt myself start to blush again instantly. It was that moment that I realized how embarrassingly high his pants were.

"Hi, I'm her boyfriend, and I would suggest that you keep your role specifically to the script, okay?" He said sternly. Jordan looked as if he would burst laughing. He managed to hide it with a cough, but not well.

Matt was fuming.

I was still in shock that he had the nerve to stand up to a guy at least half a foot taller than him.

"No problem, but I can't promise the same thing for Sammy over there." He patted Matt on the back and looked coldly into his eyes.

Matt violently shook Jordan's hand off his back.

"Get your filthy hands off of me you worthless piece of trash." He growled. Jordan looked him dead in the eye, and a humorless laugh escaped his lips.

"Funny, your girlfriend didn't mind my filthy hands when they were all over her." He snarled at him.

This was not going to end well. Matt was no match for Jordan. He looked so scrawny next to him. I really didn't want Matt to end up on a stretcher on the first day. We haven't even started shooting yet.

I was outraged. Jordan was playing cards that weren't fair, and I wasn't going to put up with his childish behavior any longer. If Matt wasn't going to fight him, the I sure as hell would.

Suddenly the big, orange, muscly dude with a gold chain stepped in between them shoving his hands into the boys chest, wedging himself between them.

"Break it up you two and save it for the movie." He chuckled lightly. Matt stormed away cursing, leaving a very pleased Jordan.

Anger ripped through me and I could barely stop myself as I marched up to Jordan. I grabbed the first drink I could find and I did what most girls in my situation would do.

I poured it all over him.

I threw the cup on the floor and watched in utter bliss as Jordan gasped and sputtered. His once perfect hair was drenched in the brown liquid and his white v-neck stained beyond recognition. His body still frozen, his eyes staring at me in utter shock. All eyes were on him, and a couple video cameras.

I spun on my heel and charged for the door, not stoping to glance at the mouths hanging open on my way to the heavy metal doors.

Sweet fresh air greeted me as stumbled outside. I craned my neck left and right until I saw the familiar polo walking down the street at a rapid pace.

"Matt. Wait up!" I yelled. Matt's head snapped around quickly and he stood there like a statue on the sidewalk as I caught up.

When I reached him I sounded like I was having a full blown asthma attack. I don't even have asthma.

I stopped right in front of him, hugging him instantly. Slowly he hugged me back, burying his face in my long brown hair.

I broke away and looked him straight in the eye. "Jordan is an idiot, ok? He is the main reason I didn't want you to come today. And guess what?" I said cheerfully, remembering my bravery a couple seconds ago.

"What?" he croaked, his first word in what seemed like forever. I took his hand in mine, enter locking our fingers tightly. We stared walking hand in hand down the sidewalk.

"I poured soda on him." I beamed proudly.

Matt laughed loudly, his face lighting up as he smiled. It made me smile and even giggle a little. Unexpectedly, he stopped dead in his tracks. I spun around to see what happened when I felt his lips crash onto mine.

I was taken completely by surprise as he sloppily kissed me. I awkwardly stood there kissing him back as he cupped my face in his hands. It felt like I was drowning and he wouldn't let go. His wet tongue tracing my lips asking for access into my mouth but instead I pulled away.

He laid his forehead against mine and his eyes stared wildly at me.

"Wow." He said breathlessly.

Yeah. Wow.