Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I refrain from punching Jordan in the face as he roughly topples on top of me in the tiny bed. It was like someone has put a match to my flesh as Jordan placed his skin directly on mine for a brief second.

"Sorry, you alright?" He asks, his minty breath fanning my face. I could see him faintly in the pale moonlight shining down from the window. To say the least, he looked like a model right now, and my brain was going haywire. Being in such as close proximity to him always did this to me, and I loathed it. I hated not having control.

"Uh, yeah." My voice shook. He removed his body from mine gently and slid into a more comfortable position, sliding his arm around my waist and bringing his upper body closer to me. I was taken aback and it took me a couple seconds to peel myself away from him roughly.

Was he mentally ill? There is no way that we're going to be practically cuddling in this bed when it's completely uncalled for.

"What the heck do you think your doing?" I snapped at him, ripping his toned arm away from my waist. The area tingled immediately in his arms wake, causing me to become more irritated.

"Where else are my arms supposed to go, Sam?" He said rudely. I looked at the amount of space we had in the tiny bed and weighed my options. Sleep on the floor or be sandwiched with Jordan who took up 75% of the creaky bed.

I sighed heavily and laid down slowly as Jordan snaked his arm around me once again. Now I was completely wrapped in his embrace, feeling an uncomfortably pleasurable sense of safety in his toned arms that I wished were Matt's. He just stared up as if I wasn't even in the room I stayed as motionless as a statue as I tried to drift to sleep. I did everything I could thing of.

I counted down from 100, I tried remembering everyone's birthday in my entire family, which only made me sad when I realized I didn't have many birthdays to remember in the first place. I even tried helplessly to find shapes in the moldy ceiling tiles.

"Do you love him?" Jordan said softly as if his mind was somewhere else, far away. I didn't even have to ask who he was talking about, I knew.

"Jordan, we've been over this-" I started calmly, unwrapping myself from him once again and sitting up.

"Don't lie to me. I just need the truth." He said quietly, rising up with me, the intensity in his eyes frying every nerve in my body. His hair was sticking up in every direction, giving him a rough look that made me want to scream. Even in almost complete darkness he managed to look flawless.

"I...I think that we've been together so long that he's all I've ever known." I uttered in a whisper, unveiling the truth to not only him, but to myself as well. His face was only inches away from mine, causing my heart to beat crazily.

"But do you love him?" He asked with urgency in his voice, as if the answer was one he had waited years to hear.

Why does he care? He's been spending all his time with that bimbo, Angelina. I practically see her drooling over him everyday on the set. Not that it mattered, I had a perfectly good boyfriend...who kind of hates me at the moment, but that was besides the fact.

"Yes, I do." As soon as the words left my lips, I felt an unsettling feeling creep upon me and I met his intense gaze. It was as if he was burning a hole right through my soul. I could see a hint of despair in them that confused and terrified me.

He is officially the most confusing person on the planet.

"Prove it." He murmured softly. Before I could even comprehend what he had said, his lips crashed against mine. It was slow and sweet, much different then our previous kisses. The pure intensity of it made my head reel. He was like some sort of drug that I couldn't get enough of. The high I got off of him was stronger than anything I had ever felt before.

My mind went blank as our lips moved in unison, and a soft whimper escaping from my lips. His lips molded into mine as if they were sculpted just for me. My whole body ignited and ice ran through my veins.

I couldn't even think straight, my mind was focused on his calloused hand running father and father up my waist, yanking me closer to him in one quick movement. My hands went from ripping through his untamed locks to running my fingertips over the stubble on his face. It was getting extremely hot and the electric feeling was almost beginning to become unbearable.

His tongue asked for entrance and I absentmindedly allowed him. He explored my mouth slowly, an animal-like deep moan escaping from his throat. He tasted like mint, which was surprisingly intoxicating. I had never experienced anything like this in my life. The pure adrenaline you get from being so close to someone is mind blowing. I had to stop, it was all becoming too much.

I gently removed myself from him and attempted to catch my breath. Jordan completely swiped all of the air in my lungs.

"Jordan." I said breathlessly, resting my hands on his shoulders not daring to meet his eyes. He was right. He was right the whole time, but I was too afraid to admit it. The attraction to Jordan was more than just physical. I could practically feel the smirk on his face.

"Tell me what you're think-" a shrill ring cut him off. My phone was buzzing furiously and I got a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something was wrong, I could feel it. I yanked it off the nightstand and an unknown number lit up the screen. Normally I don't answer, but something was sending alarms off in my head, begging me to pick up the phone.

"Uh, we were kinda in the middle of something." He said with irritation clear in his voice. I ignored his frustrated comment and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I squeaked.

"Hello, is this Samantha Jackson?" A formal sounding male asked urgently.

"Uh, yeah?" I said, my voice shaking slightly. The atmosphere on the line was thick, and I heard electronic beeps and rushed chatter.

"Matt's been in a head-on collision and is currently awaiting surgery at Luna Vista Hospital in LA."