Chapter 12: Upcoming Events

It had been three weeks since Team FRSB had been hospitalized. And now, all four members were walking out. Except for Verde; her legs were still weak, and so Vao was pushing her wheelchair. Sasha still had difficulty breathing at times, but it wasn't anything too serious. Vao got his new leg, and Y/N healed quickly with the help of his Semblance.

"... Finally," the katana-wielder murmured.

"Tell me about it," Sasha muttered. "That bed was way too small for me."

"That's because you're tall as fuck mate."

"Shut up, Peg Leg."

Y/N stretched his arms as they walked down the halls, feeling the relief of his elbows popping. "Say, Vao?"

"Wot?"

Y/N turned his head to look at his brother curiously. "Why are you wearing the girl's uniform?"

"It's comfortable!" Vao grinned. "Plus, I can pull it off because I look like a girl. And that breeze in between my legs - beats the stuffy pants!"

"Please... Never say anything like that again," Sasha whimpered. The four shared a laugh, except Verde. She had her nose buried in a massive book. From what Y/N could see, it didn't have a title.

As they left the infirmary, the halls were busy and full of life. As expected of a Saturday; no classes to interrupt the day, nor any lectures. Soon they nearly ran into three people. Cardin, Yang, and Weiss.

"Oh, you guys are out!" The ginger cheered.

"Yup," Y/N replied. "What are you guys up to?"

Yang beamed. "We're talking about the school dance! Don't tell me you forgot!"

"Dance?" Sasha echoed. Weiss nodded.

"Yes. We've been planning it all week."

"Any booze!?"

Yang frowned. "Is alcohol all you think about Vao?"

The femboy shook his head. "No, sometimes I think about you guys and how much you mean to me."

Everyone paused. Y/N was the first one to speak. "That... Was a really nice thing to say, Vao..." He smiled gently. Maybe his brother was a redeemable person after all. Vao flashed his own sheepish grin.

"I had a lot of time to think while Mr. Ironwood was helping with my leg. You all are arseholes, but you're my arseholes. We mix about as good as light and dark liquor."

"Those... Don't work at all," Yang commented.

"Exactly. Fuck you."

Everyone laughed. Typical Vao. He was only joking, and they knew it. Weiss, however, wanted to ask a question.

"So who are you guys going to the dance with?"

Cardin shrugged, his hands in his pockets. "I haven't decided, really. I kinda just want to go for the free food..."

"Cardin, why are you a mood?" Y/N asked.

"Well," Weiss began. "I was going to go with... Wait a minute..." The heiress was looking at her shirt, confusion settling in her blue eyes. "... Where's my ribbon?"

Everyone looked to Vao, who had the scarlet clothing gripped in his hand. He looked at it curiously. "... Oops."

"HOW!? IT WAS AROUND MY NECK!"

"I am a very talented person."

Weiss snatched the ribbon from his hands, fastening it back around her neck. "Keep your paws to yourself, Vao!"