Chapter 39: Sasha, Part Two

Sasha averted her gaze when the Faunus child screamed in terror as the overweight man threw her into the back of his van, sighing in contempt. He turned, fishing out a stack of lien and throwing it at Sasha. The giant caught it with two fingers, counting it immediately. She eyed the fat customer suspiciously. "... Can you tell me what you plan to do with her?"

"Make it clean my house, what do you think?" The man growled. Sasha felt a bit relieved. She nodded her head, her brow furrowing. "... Oi."

The man paused, still halfway into the driver's seat. "What?"

Sasha held up the lien, fanning herself off with it. "Slaves are ten thousand a piece. You cut me short of five hundred."

The man paused to spit on the ground, stepping back out of the truck. He shoved his pudgy fingers into his pockets, digging around. And finally his face went pale. Sasha smirked. "... Something wrong?"

"I, er... Hold on now, I have it somewhere. Let me just check the car-"

"You ain't checking shit. You ain't cheating me, fat ass." Sasha pushed past him, popping open the center console. When she didn't find anything, she checked the glovebox. Still nothing. She climbed back out, turning to the man with a confident smirk. He was frantically digging through his pockets, but to no avail. Sasha crossed her tree trunk-like arms, jerking her head towards him. "So you don't have it."

"I-I might've left it at home! I can go get it!"

"Nope. How about you take out a loan instead?"

The man shook his head. "I really can't. C'mon, I'll pay you back. I've been a customer for years!"

Sasha hummed thoughtfully, running her hand across the side of the van as she approached him. "Mm... Don't think so. I've been selling Faunus for three now, never seen your face. I don't like liars."

The man took a step back as Sasha loomed over him, like a daunting shadow. A small smirk grew on her lips. "... Company policy says you pay at the scene of the deal too, or take out a loan. Sam would be mighty pissed if I made an exception just for you. So what will it be, Chubster? We gonna do this the easy way and take out a loan? Or the hard way? Your choice."

The moment the man pulled his hand out of his pocket, Sasha's scimitar was in mid-swing, the blade singing its song through the air.

SLASH!

The man's arm came clean off, the pistol still gripped tightly in the hand. Blood spurted from his shoulder, the man letting out a shrill scream as he stumbled back and fell. Sasha stalked towards him, her massive weapon resting on her shoulders. "Pay me what you owe."

"W-we're in public!" The man threatened. "I'll call the police!"

But to his horror, Sasha just chuckled. "You think the police have the balls to stand up against Sam's company? Get real," she growled. "And as if they'd do anything. They get paid to look the other way. It works for us. I won't ask again; give me, my fucking money."

When the man tried to scramble away, Sasha pressed her toes against the crotch of his shorts, slowly moving them down. "Gas pedal," she warned. The man was tearing up. "I can't! If I take out a loan, my wife-"

"Gas pedal..."

"I-"

"Vroom vroom." Sasha slammed her foot flat, crushing what little pride the man had. His shrill scream was cut short when she plunged her weapon into his chest, feeling his heartbeat slow to a stop. She sighed, a euphoric tone in her voice as she slipped the blade out, sheathing it on her back. She stepped up to the van and yanked the rear doors open, breaking the lock to pieces. The Faunus girl shrank into the corner, tears falling down her chin. Sasha moved to the side and jerked her head.