Chapter 37: Lisa Lavender

Y/N and Weiss pushed open the doors to the News Department, looking around wildly. Lisa was nowhere in sight. Had it been a trap? There was no sign of an ambush; no police, no security. The building was devoid of all life. All life, except for Y/N and Weiss. They readied their weapons, taking a cautious step forward, followed by another.

"So you really came. How marvelous. How marvelous indeed."

They stopped as Lisa strutted into view on the catwalk above them, a wineglass in her hand. She was grinning again. Y/N prepared his katana, glaring at her spitefully. "What are you planning?" He hissed. But Lisa didn't answer right away. She took a long, slow sip of her wine, her throat moving up as she swallowed.

"... You've caused me quite the trouble, these past two days. Because of you, my Daddy is disappointed in me."

"Who's your father!? Is it the King!? Who are you, Lisa!?" Weiss demanded angrily. The woman above them just chuckled.

"Indeed, my father is King Iris. I'm... Well, for lack of better words, a royal bastard," she admitted. "I love him so very much, even if my illegitimacy means I could never have the throne. But now... He's upset with me." She finished her wineglass, holding it up with two fingers. "Catch."

Y/N swung his weapon as she threw the glass at him, shattering it to millions of pieces. Lisa began to pace back and forth, her hands folded neatly behind her back.

"You see, children, I was under strict orders to expose your identities. To not involve myself in a fight against you," she explained. "To play it safe, to quote my Daddy. But... Well, I believe it's easier to just be done with it and put you dogs down. Don't you think?"

"We won't go down without a fight," Weiss snarled. "You're just a news reporter. What could you possibly do-"

Lisa burst out laughing, her face bright red. All of her calmness fell in the blink of an eye, her fingers pulling at her hair. "What can I do, what can I do, she asks! Very well! I'll show you EXACTLY what I can do!"

Zzt. Zzzzt.

Y/N saw the sparks from the corner of his eye, shooting from the outlet. Gasping in shock, he tackled Weiss to the floor as the lights, the sockets, anything that ran on electricity, it all burst around them. Lightning arced through the air, the walls exploding to pieces as electrical cables swung around wildly, as if given life. He looked around wildly, his heart freezing when he didn't see Lisa on the catwalk. She had jumped, cracking the ground beneath her as she landed on her feet. Twin poniards were grasped in her hands, and the back of her heels lifted to reveal blades, concealed in the shoes. She threw her arms into the air, as if presenting something grand.

"Gooood evening Vale! This is Lisa Lavender with the latest! Tonight, we have a public execution!" She cried. In the blink of an eye she was sprinting towards Y/N, moving faster than he thought she could have. She moved like a Huntress would - with speed and power.

CLANK!

His arms trembled as he blocked the blow from Lisa's weapons, stumbling back. She leapt into the air, wrapping her legs around his neck and crushing him to the ground, sitting on his waist. She was smiling like a lunatic, the daggers gleaming as she raised them high in the air - and plunged them into Y/N's chest at blinding speeds.

Weiss rolled to her feet, making a mad dash for the villain. But Lisa knew she was coming. Raising her hand, one of the cables moved for the Schnee, wrapping around her ankle and slamming her against the walls, cracking the concrete under the sheer force. Once, twice, thrice, and then tossed her away like trash. Y/N took his chance to reach up and tug hard on Lisa's hair, throwing her off of him. With a cry, he tried to swing his katana, to cut her wide open...