Chapter 15: Forbidden Knowledge

Warning: This chapter introduces one of the villains even I'm uncomfortable writing about. He was created while I was coming up with Verde's backstory. His reasons for villainy aren't linked to Salem, one of the few villains who is evil just because he wants to be. Because he can, he does.

This villain is the exact reason why I haven't published the first chapter of the Verde spin-off yet - think of it like this: me, SecretMinty, who writes about mental trauma, murder, suicide and suicidal thoughts/attempts, and even cannibalism in my last story, is uncomfortable writing about this character.

The main reason I'm adding him as an antagonist, even though he won't be around for very long, is so I can at least try to work up the stomach to even finish the first chapter of Verde's spin-off. You have been warned.

It is time to meet Verde's biological father, the reason she is unable to express herself.

...

As Vao's car slowed to a halt in the Beacon parking lot, Y/N was suffering severe distress. He was horrified, much to Weiss and Sasha's confusion.

"Vao, w-what the hell is wrong with you!?"

The femboy in question looked down at him as he climbed out of the car. "Wot?"

"You drove safely!" Y/N wailed. Weiss frowned.

"Is it really that odd? Aside from the drinking, he did everything almost perfectly."

Y/N shivered in his seat, feeling like he was in danger. "Vao's never driven safely... When he first got his license, he crashed into the front of Signal... He would have stopped, but he panicked and didn't take his foot off the pedal. He floored it through the hallways and out of the cafeteria! And then the police were called, so he drove away!"

Weiss turned to Vao with fury. "You damned delinquent! How do you still have a license!?"

"This is actually my third car," Vao replied. "I drove the first one off a cliff and teleported back home so the police wouldn't arrest me."

Sasha looked worried. "W-what about the second car?"

"We don't talk about that."

"Ever," Y/N finished Vao's sentence. Sasha sighed.

"That... Scares me, actually..."

The trio began walking towards the school. Once again, silence befell them - until three teachers came rocketing out of the school. Raven, Tai, and Tyrian. Raven immediately grabbed Vao by the collar, lifting him off the ground and shaking him furiously.

"And where have you been!?"

"M-mummy, wot did I do this time!?"

Tyrian snickered. "That was one hell of a party, Vao. Most fun I've had in years."

Y/N looked up at his father worriedly. "Y-you know?"

Tai nodded. "Only us three. It kind of clicked when Vao went missing for three days straight. We ain't going to say anything, as long as it never happens again. Got it?"

Y/N glared at Vao, who just nodded in terror. Raven still had him in her grasp. "Never again, mum! I swear it!" He cried.

Tai turned back to Y/N curiously. "Where were you guys, though? You've never skipped school before, Y/N."