Chapter 26: Vao Versus Ruby

Disclaimer: I do not own the music nor the video. All rights to the music and Metal Gear Rising belongs to Hideo Kojima, and the video itself belongs to its creator.

And here we are. Another fight scene, and this time it's Vao going after Ruby. Because Y/N never told him Verde had made a full recovery, he jumped to the conclusion that she had died, and is taking matters into his own hands. Stupidity, as you'd expect in this version of Remnant, isn't going to fare anyone well.

The reason I chose this song is because it matches up with how Vao views his team's decision. They were meant to work together, but now he's going off on his own, following his own orders. As the name of the song implies, Vao is his own master at this point.

Prepare for bloodshed. Prepare for a fight.

...

Raven had been driving to the Club with Verde in the passenger seat, the artist staring out the window. The older woman looked at her for a brief moment before focusing on the road again. "... Happy to be out, kid?"

Verde hummed in response. On the inside, she was happy. She'd get to see her friends again - according to Raven, they were all safe. Raven chuckled.

"Still don't know what you guys are doing at Junior's place. Bad folks all around that joint," she commented. "Ah, whatever. Vao's friends with those guys, so I doubt anything bad'll happe- what the hell?"

Raven stopped the car when she saw Vao storm out the door, yanking someone out of their car and climbing inside. He screeched from the parking lot, zooming down the road. "... Did I just witness my kid committing a felony?"

Y/N, Weiss, and Junior were already climbing into the backseat, startling the huntress. Y/N pointed frantically in the direction Vao had driven off to. "After him! He's going after Salem!"

SCREEEEEECH!

The car launched forward, Raven wasting no time in maxing out her speedometer. She could see Vao driving like a maniac ahead, weaving in between oncoming traffic like a professional. Weiss shakily dialed Vao's number, putting the device on speaker. He picked it up immediately.

["Fuck you, fuck you!"]

"Vao, wait! Think about this! We need a plan before we take on Ruby!" Y/N shouted. But Vao's response was an angry scream.

["That slag went and offed Verde! I'm sick of sitting around doing nothing! Doing nothing is wot got her killed! Bloody hell, it's about time we do something about it!"]

Verde tried to say something, but Vao had already hung up. A moment later, his scroll came flying towards them, almost cracking Raven's windshield. Y/N was beginning to regret hiding Verde's recovery from Vao - the moron had jumped to the worst conclusions, and now he was going to get himself killed over it. Junior held out his hand. "Gimme your katana! The rifle form!"

"W-why!?"

"I'm gonna shoot his tires! Give me the fucking gun!"

Y/N practically threw it at him. Junior shattered the window with the buttstock, sticking his upper body out the window and aiming down the sights. But Vao saw him through his rearview mirror, swerving left and right as the bullets flew at his car. He growled, picking up Grimm Demise and holding it out the window.

BOOM!

Raven swerved out of the way just as the rocket sailed past her car, exploding behind them. "What is that idiot trying to do, kill us!?" She screamed. "And where's he going!? This isn't even the right direction!"