Scrapped Ideas

Yup. Another one of these chapters, like what was at the end of TBatG1.

Basically, I'll just be running through some things that didn't make it into the story. This includes jokes, plot that was changed, and so on. Enjoy.

1. The Plot for TBatG2: Restart was changed at the last minute.

So this one was probably already figured out by you guys. It's actually the biggest reason I feel that TBatG2 isn't as well written as TBatG1.

Originally, the plot was going to be about pirates. I had made several characters to fill in the major characters of the pirate crew, including Y/N and Vao.

However, shortly before I began writing TBatG2 I came to a realization; the story didn't have many RWBY characters that would have taken part. The only two that would have had any real place were Salem and Weiss. So at the last minute, I scrapped the plot.

That's why it took a long while for the plot to really start in this story. I was still trying to figure it out, and was slowly pricing it together. I decided I wanted more action in the story, with better written fights. Writing the battle between Rojo versus FRSB, Lisa versus Y/N and Sasha, Iris versus the heroes, and the final battle against Salem was a lot of fun. I hope you guys had fun reading them, and enjoyed the villains.

I also hope you guys enjoyed the plot, even if I feel it wasn't as good as you guys wanted.

2. Vao and Verde almost didn't have a romance.

I know some of you enjoyed Vao and Verde's relationship, especially TitaniumSlayer

I enjoyed it too. I'm not really big on ships, but I found that I enjoyed writing about Vao and Verde together. Their ship name is Art Thief due to Verde being an artist and Vao being a kleptomaniac.

But originally, Vao and Verde weren't going to have a romance.

When I was still figuring out the plot, Vao and Verde were originally going to be best friends. No romance, just a broship similar to what he had with Y/N.

However, as I thought about it a bit more I wondered to myself, "why not?" Given Verde's backstory, I figured she'd grow attached to him quickly. As told in her confession to Vao, he was her first friend and the only one who wasn't turned away by her quietness, accepting her for who she was.

So it developed further, into something more intimate, which further led to Rojo being introduced as a villain.

Honestly, I'm not very good at writing romance. But I feel I did really well with Vao and Verde. What did you guys think about them?

3. Vao's death persevered through the change of the entire plot.

Vao died in a warehouse when Salem blew him up. That didn't change at all from the original plot about pirates. The only thing that changed was who Vao was going after.

In the original plot, one of the crew members was going to betray our heroes and run off to Salem, with Vao chasing the traitor down and being blown up, with Y/N and Weiss finding him dying.

Another thing that changed was the reason Vao flew into a rage. Originally, it was just going to be Vao getting pissed about a traitor. With the idea of a traitor removed, I had to come up with a new reason. And that reason was having Verde be injured, with Vao believing she died.

This also led to him talking to Y/N and Weiss about how he felt like a piece of shit and that he was useless - because he couldn't protect Verde like he promised.