Chapter 21: Innsmaw

Disclaimer: Video and music not mine. All rights belong to their respective creator.

And finally we are here at the much talked about mission of Team FRSB, and now Yang. They'll be investigating a town far to the northeast of Vale City. They are still within the Kingdom - as of now, the entire story is supposed to take place within Vale as a Kingdom. This is because due to Salem's weaker state, there is no need to visit any of the other Kingdoms. For world building purposes, other Kingdoms and their villages will be mentioned, but not shown. For example, Sasha will talk about the village she hails from, but FRSB will never visit it.

Innsmaw is based off of Innsmouth, a fictional city in Massachusetts that was created by H.P. Lovecraft. Innsmaw is the birthplace of Salem's Cult, hence why I based it off of Innsmouth.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter as the plot finally begins.

...

As Vao's car came to a halt at the Bullhead port, Y/N was awoken by Yang. He had slept through the entire ferry ride, which Vao was still grumbling about the price to take his car aboard.

"Two thousand lien... Fucking scamming wankers..."

As they climbed out of the car, Y/N stretched his back, feeling his spine click as it realigned. Sasha was waiting for them, leaning against a street lamp. And next to her, illuminated by the moonlight, were Weiss and Cardin. Vao pointed at the heiress in confusion.

"Wait a bloody minute, who's the knob that invited the rich kid?"

"Ugh, you Höhlenbewohner!" (Troglodyte)

"Wot does that mean!?"

Verde looked up at him. "She called you a troglodyte."

"Hold on, lemme look that up..." It took Vao a whole three seconds to figure it out. "You focking wot, cunt!? You dirty scrubber!"

Weiss, who had educated herself on Vao's slang, turned bright red. "I'm going to kill you, Girl Hips!"

Cardin immediately held Weiss back as Verde and Yang stopped Vao from charging forward, the femboy slinging insults left and right. Sasha pointed at Weiss and Cardin with her thumb. "They were with me when Verde shot me the text. Is it okay if they come along?"

Y/N shrugged. "Er... That's Verde's decision... She's the team leader..."

The artist nodded in response. "The more, the better. If Ruby really is there, then... Well, I cannot imagine it would go very well if she sees us..."

They turned to the bullhead, which rumbled quietly in the night, climbing aboard in silence. As it roared to the sky, Cardin decided now was the time to ask. "So how long is it going to take to get there?"

"Two and a half hours," Verde answered. "I would recommend sleeping along the way so we have energy. If we're too tired, we won't be able to use our Semblances."

Weiss looked curious now. "What is yours, anyway?"

"My what?"

"Your Semblance," Weiss pressed. "We've never seen you use it once."

"Oh yeah," Sasha chipped in. "You gotta tell us! Cardin and I've got Strength, Weiss has her Glyphs, Vao has Teleport, and Y/N has Healing! And let's be honest, nothing can get more lame than a Healing Semblance."

"Hey!"

Verde shook her head. "No, it is embarrassing."

"Oh, come on! It can't be that bad," Cardin pressed. "Is it something strong like Rojo-"