Chapter 46: Salem, Part Two

Y/N bounced across the ground again, Russell landing even farther behind him. His entire body hurt. Salem stood over him, laughing at his agony.

"Yes, yes! Fight, fight!"

Y/N screamed when it grinded its foot against his chest, stomping until he thought his ribs would break. It was having way too much fun with this. Y/N groaned when it lifted him off the ground, slamming him back into the street over and over again, until the asphalt cracked. It pulled him back up to eye level, staring at him with the most revolting grin he had ever seen.

"Fight me, you little shit!"

SMASH!

Y/N was thrown through the cab of a truck, the road tearing his skin to shred as he rolled on the other side. The vehicle was thrown to the side by Salem, exploding into the side of a building. It was laughing.

"Is this all the Hero of Light is capable of? Oh, how far you've fallen... I'll make this place your grave, Y/N. You remember the First Timeline, right? Then you know what I'll do. I'll take your body with me. I'll claim the Relics! With Vao already gone, nothing is stopping me! Nothing but you!"

Y/N staggered to his feet. His metallic legs trembled under his own weight, his Semblance working overtime to heal his body. He leaned heavily on his weapon, his cheeks quickly filling with blood. He let it drip to the ground, coughing violently. With a groan he wiped his lip, turning back to face Salem. "I-I... I'm g-going to..." He couldn't finish his sentence.

Salem smirked, throwing its arms to the sides. "You're going to what? Go ahead, Y/N. Throw whatever you can at me. Hit me as hard as you can."

Y/N's hands began to glow, his Light beginning to activate. If this didn't work, he didn't know what would. He straightened his back, focusing his magic into his weapon. The blade glowed with a blindingly bright light, his lips curling into a snarl.

"I-I'll... Fucking KILL you!"

He charged again, his katana slamming into Salem's new body. Every strike exploded with magic, and yet Salem didn't budge. It only laughed, cheering him on.

"Yes, yes! Just like that! Give it everything you got!"

Y/N screamed, his magic engulfing his body. He sheathed his katana, and with one pull he drew the blade, aiming for Salem's neck. But the parasite just caught the blade in its hand, smirking at him with that overconfident sneer. "What a shame... You can't do anything without your magic..."

CRUNCH!

Y/N couldn't even scream when Salem punched him in the chest. The pain was tremendous, something he felt even through his adrenaline. He dropped to his knees, opening himself to a devastating kick. The Hero soared through the air, Salem following behind and stomping him into the ground. He rolled onto his side, clutching his body weakly. Salem laughed, walking around him.

"Look at you. Spouting nonsense about saving everyone. And you couldn't even save your dear brother, whose body I now control," it snickered. "Not even from defilement."

Y/N picked up his head, wiping the blood from his eyes. "D... Defile... Ment...?"

Salem nodded, finally halting its pacing. "Of course. Did you not stop to think how this body has been so well preserved, after three years since its expiration?"

When Y/N didn't respond, Salem was more than happy to tell him. The truth about its ritual. It seized his chin, forcing him to look up at it. To look into the eyes of his deceased brother.