Chapter 47: Salem, Part Three

Y/N's eyes shot open again, the wind ruffling his blonde hair. Salem looked bewildered, its expression quickly filling with rage.

"You... You purified her Soul..." It hissed. "You little bastard!"

Salem leapt from its perch, rocketing towards Y/N at blinding speeds. He growled, jumping to meet the demon head on. As its fist came towards him, he swerved his head to the side and punched it in the mouth as hard as he could. Salem's eyes rolled into the back of its head as he wrapped his arms around it, lifting it into the air.

"You disgusting piece of shit," he frothed. "You filthy, nasty piece of shit!"

CRAAAAACK!

The ground cracked when he slammed it back down, lifting his foot and stomping the hell out of it. His metal legs glowed brightly with his magic, every hit landing like an explosion against its skin. Salem screamed in pain, rolling out of the way and scrambling for safety. It stood back to its feet, the Souls swirling around like a tornado. It clenched its fists, glaring at him. Y/N took a step back, fear beginning to take over again.

He could feel the power. Salem wasn't going to risk throwing another Soul, he realized. If he purified any more, it would only be losing power. It was going to fight him itself. He braced himself, readying his katana.

"You filthy dog," Salem breathed. "I'll kill you... I'll take your Soul... I'll break your mind to a million pieces."

It leaned back and let out the loudest scream Y/N had ever heard in his life. He covered his ears as the city trembled, Darkness bursting from the streets, swirling and mingling with the Souls of the people Salem had killed. And finally it exploded, the shockwave knocking jets from the sky, buildings beginning to crumble. Salem slumped, stalking forward.

"Forget playing with you. I'm done fucking with you. I'll handle this myself," Salem hissed. It blasted forward at blinding speeds, slamming its full weight towards Y/N. The Hero stepped out of the way, swinging his katana at its waist. But to his horror, Salem's foot shot back and kicked the weapon from his hands, sending it across the battlefield. He watched it bounce and come to a stop, far out of reach. He clenched his teeth, his eyes going bloodshot as he turned back to Salem. His fists began to glow, his feet moving forward as he approached the demon.

SLAAAAM!

Light and Dark exploded around them when they threw their punches, their fists connecting. Y/N winced from the sheer force, sweat rolling down his forehead like a faucet. He pushed everything he had into his Light, watching as Salem's Darkness slowly began to overtake his power. With another scream Salem pushed, sending him skidding across the pavement.

Y/N cried out in pain as the asphalt dug into his skin, tearing through the back of his combat outfit. Salem leapt high into the air, slamming down on top of him. Its tremendous weight forced blood to spew from his lips, his eyes going wide as Salem sat on his chest. It raised its fists and unleashed hell on the Hero, each punch making him sink into the ground.

He didn't know how much more he could take. Salem's Darkness was burning his skin, shredding through his Light, powered by the Souls. Salem smirked down at him, that grin growing into a full blown smile.

THWACK!

Salem was pushed off of Y/N when Cardin's mace crashed into the side of its head, the ginger reaching down and helping Y/N to his feet.

"Y-Y/N! I'm sorry I was late, I-"

"Cardin, do me a favor and shut up!"

Cardin stopped talking, nodding his head as the two faced the evil incarnate. The ginger pointed his mace into the air, the veins popping out of his throat as he screamed. "Russell, Ruby! NOW!"