Chapter 16- our

Asher Hernandez

"I'm sorry." I said looking at her, those words felt more foreign coming from my mouth and I hope she saw it.

"You should be." she said sadly.

"I went to get information stolen from us. It wasn't supposed to end up the way it did. Yes it was risky and yes I did know you were at home, but I didn't expect to get hurt and I didn't expect you to be so fucking upset and worried." I explained honestly.

"How could you think that.." she said lowly "you really don't think I care?" I shook my head no at her feeling ashamed.

"Well I do." She was crying now. "Dammit I do, I love you and I told you that. Why can't you see that I really care about you. I want us to be a thing. But you can't even see. You obviously don't even care enough because." she hugged her knees to her chest crying into her arms.

"That's not true and we both know that." I was getting angry. Why couldn't she see I do care? That I really do love her?

"Are you sure about that?" She looked up at me with a raised eye brow.

"Yes i do."

"God. You can't even say it can you? You didn't even mean it did you?" she was on her feet now. when I didn't answer right away she scoffed and headed for the door. I regretted being silent instantly and got on my feet as well lunging forward and grabbing her wrist.

"I do care about you. I fucking love you sienna." I confessed again firmly holding her head in my hands. I leaned my head down kissing her. A sweet gentle kiss that she returned.

"Why won't you ask me then?" She looked into my eyes with wonder.

"Ask what?"

"Me to be your girlfriend? Be official?" she asked getting closer.

"Oh. Sienna, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." She grinned hugging me tightly. She was too short to get near my gun shot which I found cute. She wasn't strong enough to hurt my bruises though. There was a knock on the door causing sienna to pull away and answer. Thanking the maid she brought in a tray with fruits and light foods.

"do you want to eat on the balcony?" I nodded my head towards the sliding door.

"That would be nice." She smiled following me. I opened the sliding door for her revealing the couch and table out there. I had the nicest balcony in the house.

"Wow this is amazing." She beamed setting the tray on the table. "Sit I'm getting blankets." She demanded pointing at the couch. I nodded sitting down. The balcony over looked the pool and had a great view of the sunset.

She sat down next to me laying a blanket over both of our laps and placing the tray in hers so we could have easy access. I sighed contently picking up a bagel with cream cheese. I glanced over at her seeing her stare at the food looking like she was going to throw up.

"What's wrong? you don't like it? I can ask for something else." I told her trying to reassure her.

"No it's not that.. I don't know why I feel sick I mean your sitting next to me."