Chapter 31- rely

Sienna Marino

I made sure ash was checked by the doctor as soon as we got home and luckily nothing was seriously wrong with him he was just starved and exhausted, the physical Injuries he had weren't too serious....

"Ill fix him up." I say stepping forward to Ashs bed.

"Ma'am it's better if I-" the doctor starts.

"sei fottutamente sordo? esci ce la posso fare." I snap. (Are you fucking deaf? Get out I can do it.)

"sì signora" he whispers leaving quickly. ( yes ma' am)

signing I sit down next to ash. I soak a soft cloth in the warm water next to me and ring it out. gently I run the damp cloth down Ashs chest while making sure to be gentle around his cuts. I then re soak the cloth, watching all the blood and dirt cloud the once clean water. I continued doing this until his body was clean of all dirt and dried blood.

As I go to stand up to examine his wounds I feel a ruff hand I know all to well grip my wrist.

"Shhhh, I'm fixing you up.. please relax." I whisper coming closer to ash as I watch his hooded eyes close softly with out a word.

I feel his hand slip off my wrist and to my thigh gripping it tighter then before. I place my finger tips on his check looking closely at each and every one of his cuts, disinfecting and bandaging all but a couple that need stitches, all the while Ash tightening his grip when it stings yet he doesn't say anything.

I look over to him watching his chest rise slightly uneven. I thread the needle and start on the gash on his cheek bone.

"Ash. This is a small but deep one... you'll only need about 3 stitches so I'll go as quickly as I can." I tell him grabbing his chin with my left hand to keep his face still.

"Ok." He rasps out.

I gently run a alcohol wipe over the cut and quickly blow softly on it to stop the stinging. I start stitching it up and feel tears brim my eyes when Ashs eyes clench tighter together and the pressure on my thigh increase but only the smallest amount, almost unnoticeable. I did the same with the wound below his collar bone and the one just above his V line.

"I'm going to get you some food. I'll be quick." I whisper.

"don't go." I hear him say when I get up to leave. I turn back to him, his voice deep and raspy and his eyes hooded with tiredness.

"It will be only a minute amore, I promise. I'll be back before you know it.... I'll make you soup. Homemade."

"can you make tomato soup though." He asks with a small smile playing on his lips.

"Yes I can make tomato soup." I chuckle leaning down and brushing his hair out of his face and planting a kiss on his forehead. "Get some rest while I make it."

I head down to the kitchen and sort through the commercial sized fridge filled with everything you could imagine. I open my moms cook book and place it on the stand.

My mother always used to make me tomato soup when I was sick, it made me feel better. She gave me the recipe book of hers so I could cook for the house and have a bit of home with me. I just haven't  had the chance to cook yet.