Chapter 28- Rule

Sienna Marino

It's been a busy 2 days after we came back, Toni has been training me in knifes and guns, turns out I'm great with knifes. I haven't seen Ash much since we got back, he's been really busy with work and I have been training with weapons. He usually stays late at the warehouse but I stay awake long enough for him to come home, just like right now.

I glanced at the clock seeing the time at 1:34am, I signed fiddling with the sleeve of Ashs hoodie I was wearing. I felt so nervous for tomorrow night, and it make me a bit sad that ash wasn't here when I needed him but I understand the stress he is under.

just as I was about to submit to the sleep my body begged for he entered quietly only to look me in the eyes with the coldest stare I have ever seen, it sent chills down my back and I immediately knew something was off.

"Welcome home hun." I started quietly as he walked to the closet. I followed his movements trying to read his body language.

"thanks." He mumbled with his tense back to me. once he had sweats on I spoke again.

"Come here." I demanded with force in my tone.

he turned around looking like he was going to protest but gave in when he saw my glare. I patted the end of the bed in front of me, he sat down with his head low and his back to me. I placed my hands on his shoulders feeling his muscles tense and relax under my palms.

"do you want to talk about why your so angry?" I whispered massaging his muscles.

"Not really." he said. "But I shouldn't take it out on you I'm sorry."

"It's ok... I know how much stress your under." I spoke gently continuing to ease his knots.

"your good at this." He hummed sounding better.

"Thank you." I smiled to myself. He placed his hand over one of mine turning to me with exhaustion written all over his face. I opened my arms for him and he fell in them gratefully.

"I'm sorry your work is so difficult." I kissed his temple laying on my back with his head on my stomach.

"Not your fault amore, don't apologize for something you can't control." He whispered.

Once I knew he was fast asleep I let myself drift off aswell.

***
I woke up, once again with Ash gone. I didn't mind that much anyway because I had to head out with Ari and Scarlett to find dresses. Ari agreed to go with Nic and so she's be training aswell. Scarlets not coming with us to the ball but she still wants to help pick out dresses and I'm more then ok with that. I was told by Ash to get a matching suit for him because he said "I trust your taste." Damn well hunny.

"Hey! Ready?" I cheered walking into the dining room, fully dressed in a pair of black sweats and a blue mini T. Easy to slip in out of when changing.

"Yeah duh, we were waiting for you. Do you want to eat first?" Ari said, getting up.

"No I'm not hungry." I smiled.

"Alright then, byelove." Scarlet said, kissing Luca.

"bye." He smiled shoving more food in his mouth.