Manami (Random Character)

The office was laying still with silence, besides the occasional chatter. The boss stirred from her usual self, feeling almost vague to a point.

"Hey, Y/N. The boss lady wants to see you," a voice said. Y/N sat on his desk, twirling his thumbs around. He felt anxious, though at what?

"Thanks Jake," he said. He nodded and left, heading to his own desk. Y/N crawled off slowly from his chair, waving toward the door.

He stood outside, staring at the glossy-foggy door. Y/N breathed in and out, before knocking. "Come in," the boss said.

He braced himself, walking and sitting down in-front of the boss. The boss slipped a sweet smile as she saw him.

 The boss slipped a sweet smile as she saw him

[Artist: eba]

"Ah," she sighed softly. Her eye lids sank down, emitting a high glow through her concentric golden-eyes.

"So.. you called me?" His voice chucked out, tentatively. Her elbows flattened on the rose-wood that glowed lightly from the dim light shadowing above.

"Yes, regarding of something important," she said. The four-legged office chair sank heavily on his weight, his brain rampant on possibly bad news.

She kept staring at him, with his sullen pale like face, but suddenly reassure me him. "Don't worry, Y/N, it's nothing to worry about."

He shifted over a high posture. "Then why'd you call
me, ma'am?" She coughed out a giggle. "Please, call me Makima.. and this is about your vacation," she shifted back to her customary, sweet smile.

Y/N felt relief, as he sighed deeply. Maybe everyone was wrong.. me as well. The boss is just the same, nothing secrecy effused from her.

But then again, it led another series of questions. "Ma'am, I never signed up or requested a vacation?" His arms burrowed deeper in the chairs arm resting.

"Y/N, how long have you been working here, do you remember?" The sudden question puzzled him, finding himself soon raking his brain.

"Uh.. several years—" She gave the slightest nod, to which he hadn't notice. "—Yes, with no vacation underway. You yourself are very hardworking, Y/N. I hope you yourself don't tire yourself out.."

Y/N felt now stiff in his snugged suited-collar. The boss really went all her way.. for me? He clucked his head up. "But wait, what about pay? I still need—"

"—Do not worry, it has already been resolved. You'll be getting paid still." He clammed up, feeling to much joy wrap around him. "M-My family.. will my wife come too?"

Her eyes dulled a bit. "I'm very sorry, Y/N, but we made reservations only for yourself." He dropped his head lowly. "O-Oh, I understand."