Angeline (Random Character)

He shuttered awake, shaking off the hand that was once placed on him although he never noticed. Finally letting his eyes adjust to the bright light hanging above, he realized where he was now: Angeline's house.

Quickly posturing up and wiping off some drool, he fastens a smile at her; a meager attempt he knew she saw through.

[Artist: wattaro]

Angeline's slightly shocked expression soon turned cold and desolate - something he was aware of and gotten used to, but still stings either way.

"Stop slacking off and finish my work," she replied with her always icy-sharp voice. He sighed and sheepishly grabbed the man laying next to him.

Angeline's and him go to the same school: him earning it with a full ride scholarship, and her with dad's money. He's a commoner - well, at least the others would say.

However, he's exceptional in math, while not so much Angeline. Her parents knew she needed help and got her a tutor, unfortunately despising them as much as their daughter, maybe more.

The pays just as good; he earns more in a day than a month while working as a pizza guy, while only having to help their daughter - well, doing her work for her while she glared deathly at him in the background.

"Hurry up, peasant," she spat while having her arms crossed near her chest; her eyes glaring harder than before, with the ceiling lights glistening them further.

He subtly chewed his lip, continuing his work with the clicking of the cellphone near his side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drowsiness took affect of his mind; he yawned and laid his pencil on the desk, too tired to care or do otherwise.

Angeline stopped the clicking of her phone and turned over to face him; wanting to yell at him, she stopped and blushed a bit, admiring his sleepy-face.

Quickly she snapped out of her daze, slapping his back hard enough to jolt him up.

His tired eyes fell and raised while gazing at her, as he felt a light burning sensation behind. "S-Sorry," he scarcely managed out, with his eyes still flowing up and down.

She stood quiet for a moment. "You've done enough, now go." He knew better than to argue; he sighed and groggily left her room, hanging onto his belongings tightly to not let them slip out his grip.

Angeline eyes followed him like a target, watching him leave, as well as hearing his footsteps become less and less audible.

She picked up the page he wrote and smirked. This'll do nicely.., she thought. Reaching behind her to grab her backpack, he suddenly sees his jacket.

Gripping it close to her face, her stomach whirled of emotions. "He forgot his bag, what an idiot," she whispered.

Her fingers dragged along the fabric of the jacket, feeling the inside texture as well as the outside; without noticing, her hands brought it close to her face.