IV: Kisses from 1D and girls who are free

4

            “I can’t believe that I won’t be watching One D live!” I exclaimed while Blake and I were on our way to our rooms.

            “I can’t believe you didn’t tell me that your birthday’s this Saturday!” Blake boomed.

            “I can’t believe I wouldn’t see those guys!”

            “I can’t believe you want to see those gays!”

            “I can’t believe that you think they’re gay!”

            “I can’t believe that you think they’re not!”

            “I can’t believe that you still think they are!”

            “I can’t believe that you still can’t believe that I think they’re gay!”

            “That’s complicated, dude,” I stated, putting on my best poker face while trying very hard not to laugh.

            “I’m that awesome, princess. Deal with it,” he said, wiggling his eyebrows as he did.

            “Fine,” I agreed as I entered my room and he, his.

            I threw my duffel bag on my bed out of frustration. It was not like I was too desperate and it was not like I was a die-hard Directioner but it had always been like a tradition for me—going to the concerts of my favorites. Those boys definitely were a part of that long list. I really wouldn’t be able to watch them now. Unless—

            I scrambled off my bed and ran to Blake’s room, which was just in front of mine. I knocked three times quickly and barged in, calling out his name.

            “Blake! Blake! Blake! Blake! Bla—“ I stopped midway when I saw him wearing nothing but boxer shorts. Boxer shorts with robot patterns on it. “Not again, naked boy.”

            “Amber, turn around,” he demanded. So I did, crossing my arms across my chest while tapping my foot on the floor. After a few moments, he called out to me and told me he was done. Done with what? Out of curiosity, I turned around once more and saw him wearing a white v-neck and his jeans.

            He appraised me with a flat look. “Do you really want to see me naked that bad?”

            “No, thank you. But I need to talk to you about Saturday. I have a plan.” I pursed my lips at his cockiness.

            “Fire away, princess.” A pirate smile glowed at his lips.

--§•§--

9:05 am- Saturday

            “What polish color, madam?”

            “Just clear nail polish, please,” I smiled at the manicurist.

            “No, dear. A gold one would be beautiful. Gold one, please,” Mom smiled at her and she nodded in approval.

            “Mom, if you’ll just make a decision in my place all day long, don’t you think that she…” I pointed to the manicurist “Should’ve just asked you from the start? Why even ask me?

            “No no no. That won’t do, baby girl. It’s because I know what suits you,” she told me with satisfaction on her face.